Cycle tourist or hobo/tramp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JanMarten

(Forgive the lack of punctuation but cant seem to find apostrophes on Spanish keyboard :-)

Met a chap recently who disagreed with my description of being a cycle tourist. He felt since I am travelling indefinitely (and perhaps until I cannot do so any longer), I am actually a hobo.
At first I was insulted, but after further thought hes probably right. I have no fixed abode, I ride from place to place and have no plans to settle in any one place.

One happy Cycle tourist Tramp, curently in Spain but heading for ?????

MattHB

Proud Daddy
(Forgive the lack of punctuation but cant seem to find apostrophes on Spanish keyboard :-)

Met a chap recently who disagreed with my description of being a cycle tourist. He felt since I am travelling indefinitely (and perhaps until I cannot do so any longer), I am actually a hobo.
At first I was insulted, but after further thought hes probably right. I have no fixed abode, I ride from place to place and have no plans to settle in any one place.

One happy Cycle tourist Tramp, curently in Spain but heading for ?????

Sounds like a great life to me! How do you support yourself?

Ian Cooper

Expat Yorkshireman
I did the same in 1984-86, but as I found out in January 1985, when I nearly became a hobo, there's a big difference between a bicycle tourist and a hobo - a bike tourist has money.

Wardy

Lucky you! I was going to become a cycle tramp for two or three years. Was going to write a three-part book about it all - the preparation; the cycling; the return to "civilisation". Got married instead. Enjoy every minute.

Gixer Rob

hobo/tramp/cycle tourist or.....lucky sod!!!!! :-)....

wish i could leave it all behind at the moment!!

good on ya and who gives a toss what some total stranger thinks!!

snorri

Legendary Member
Send us a pic of yourself and we will provide you with a definition of your status.:biggrin:

Top Bottom