Cycle tourist or hobo/tramp?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chrtho

One happy Cycle tourist Tramp, curently in Spain but heading for ?????

Doesn't that depend on the season - north for the summer, south for the winter ? I can certainly see the attractions of cycling in Scotland during the winter but it would be tough to do it long-term. Sounds a great life though.

rollinstok

I suppose if you have no home to go back to whenever you want, then you are a tramp !!
A tramp that I envy and admire

Yellow7

Über Member
Hobo, as opposed to his 'slavery'? I’d never felt so much freedom before I jumped ship for a year. I’d shrug it off with “sticks and stones will hurt my bones but names.....”

Gotte

I suppose it all depends on your definitions. I wouldn't class any of the many and varied nomadic tribespeople of the world as tramps because they haven't invested in bricks and mortar, don't drive to work and do their shopping in sainsburys.
Perhaps the definition should be less to do with what you own and more to do with where you are in your head.

stewie griffin

Über Member
I found this video a few years ago and I thought it was great:

Thanks for reminding me HlaB, I'd almost forgotten about this, I must have seen it sometime when we only had three channels to choose from (for younger readers, yes there was a time not that long ago when only three channels were available in the UK :ohmy:).

Not wanting to high-jack the thread but if you've skipped these films have a watch, it was already an old film when I first saw it, but it's still a great glimpse into cycling times gone by.
For me the first time I'd seen someone using a cycle cape.
Do you carry a claw hammer :eek: & screwdriver to service your freewheel at the side of the road?
At age 12 he cycled Auchinleck, Scotland to the lakes, Cumbria, I guess about a 300 mile round trip, I was probably a bit retarded at age 12, for me a 30 mile round trip was something to brag about.

Some great T shirt slogan quotes like "we punish ourselves to our own satisfaction":whistle:, "it's not punishment it's pleasure":blush: Ok you get the drift.................different times..............

rich p

ridiculous old lush
It may well not have been an intended insult by the chao; more of an observation. I think Ian's definition of whether one has funds is apt.

Top Bottom