Cyclechat group at Linlithgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ACS

Legendary Member
Mostly uphill :rolleyes:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
What this lot
3395012447_fe43846e32.jpg

how about joining us next time...

Halfmanhalfbike said:
Just realised I saw you lot to-day. Top of the climb coming out of Linlithgow. I was the guy coming the other way in the blue top.

How did it go?
Which Blue Top? every cyclist I seen coming the other way was wearing a Blue Top :smile:

The weather turned out better than expected (as you'll know) and it was a very enjoyable day.

OP
OP
Halfmanhalfbike

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
HLaB said:
Which Blue Top? every cyclist I seen coming the other way was wearing a Blue Top :smile:

The weather turned out better than expected (as you'll know) and it was a very enjoyable day.

OK I was the old fat guy coming the other way in the blue top:smile:

Great day for a bike ride. Did you go up to beecraigs or over to cairnpapple. Anywhere in the bathgate hills are tough though

Halfmanhalfbike said:
Great day for a bike ride. Did you go up to beecraigs or over to cairnpapple. Anywhere in the bathgate hills are tough though
We ended up taking Manse Road out of Linlithgow cut across the top of Cairnpapple/ Beecraigs and back to Linlithgow by Preston Road we then did a loop via Blackness, this route.

I tagged Edinburgh-Linlithgow on the start of it and Linlithgow-Dunfermline at the end (brilliant tail wind :smile:)

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Looks like you all had loads of fun.:smile:

Can we nosey people have a roll call on the picture please?

I went to Oatridge Ag college, when I was 16/17 and loved it around there. Bit nostalgic hearing all the place names again.

OP
OP
Halfmanhalfbike

Halfmanhalfbike

Über Member
HLaB said:
We ended up taking Manse Road out of Linlithgow cut across the top of Cairnpapple/ Beecraigs and back to Linlithgow by Preston Road we then did a loop via Blackness, this route.

I tagged Edinburgh-Linlithgow on the start of it and Linlithgow-Dunfermline at the end (brilliant tail wind :smile:)

Good route. Lots of climbing but some great descents as well. I did kirkliston, broxburn, dechmont, over beecraigs, down to linlithgow,along to hopetoun house then up to dalmeny and back to kirkliston. Like you said, great tailwind on the return leg

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
djtheglove said:
Looks like you all had loads of fun.:huh:

Can we nosey people have a roll call on the picture please?

I went to Oatridge Ag college, when I was 16/17 and loved it around there. Bit nostalgic hearing all the place names again.

Have a look here. The difference is that I'm not in the other shot, so you can work out which one I am (centre with shorts). Only Tete and I weren't soft nancies and wore shorts :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Hairy Jock said:
What this lot
3395012447_fe43846e32.jpg

how about joining us next time...

OK - I'll do it properly:

Scoosh, Satan's Budgie, BhoyJim, lazytallfatgit, Magnatom, goo_mason, D-Rider, TechMech, Tetedelacourse, HlaB. Hairy Jock was taking the photo, so you'll only see him in my shot in the other thread.

D-Rider

goo_mason said:
Have a look here. The difference is that I'm not in the other shot, so you can work out which one I am (centre with shorts). Only Tete and I weren't soft nancies and wore shorts :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hey! I wore shorts too! :huh:

TechMech

goo_mason said:

I wore shorts too and i'm a softie southerner :huh:

Top Bottom