CycleChat Investigates - Breakfast

What breakfast do you eat?

• Nothing. Can't face food first thing.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Coffee. Oh god yes. Dear sweet coffee.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Corn flakes

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Sugar puffs

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fry up - the full English clogger

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • McDonalds

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Bottle of vodka in a brown paper bag

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Toast

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Shreddies

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Pop tarts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Weetabix for me this week something else next week, i get bored with the same thing all the time.:okay:

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
If I am working away, it is the hotel's cornflakes, followed by a full English, two slices of toast and teapot of Earl Grey . Mainly because I will probably be going without lunch.
At home two weetabix, covered with a heap of fruit and fibre and a handful of blueberries, washed down with a mug of Earl Grey.

Last edited:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If I am working away, it is the hotel's cornflakes, followed by a full English, two slices of toast and teapot of Earl Grey . Mainly because I will probably be going without lunch.
At home two weetabix, covered with a heap of fruit and fibre and a handful of blueberries, washed down with a mug of Early Grey.
Don't tell me, afternoon tea is a Late Grey.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Why can't we select more than one option?
I have a mug of coffee and a bowl of shreddies... sometimes weetabix, or toast, or cake. In winter, from October until early Jan, it's a couple of mince pies, but always with a mug of coffee.

When I'm not at work... i tend to skip the solids first thing and wait until I'm actually hungry before eating.

I have a Full English for my tea* more often than for breakfast.

*AKA dinner or maybe supper... I don't speak Southern.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Porage if I'm riding
Cornflakes, with or without a sliced banana and a dollop of yoghurt, sometimes a squirt of honey 🍯

Occasionally, a full on fry up (though only the eggs are fried (unless they're scrambled, or poached)) All the other tasty stuff is done under the grill.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
If I'm working, I don't have breakfast until I get into work. Then it's either an apple or rice cakes with peanut butter and marmalade.

If it's the weekend, either egg and bacon or preferably leftovers. I do like a main meal first thing (or within an hour or two of waking up)

classic33

Leg End Member
I find 2 shredded wheat quite filling.
But but but my point was.....if you lumped all 3 under just "cereals" it would leave room for 2 other options eg porridge ^_^
"Porridge (historically also spelled porage, porrige, or parritch) is a food commonly eaten as a breakfast cereal dish"

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
In winter I tend to have porridge, maybe with bananas or raisins chucked in.
Oats are high energy, low fat, and rich in fibre, vitamins and minerals. It's one of the best foods you can have for breakfast.

In the summer it's toast and peanut butter (crucnchy, obvs).

If I'm having muesli (or more rarely cornflakes) it's really nice if you use orange juice or apple juice instead of milk. Very refreshing.

Top Bottom