CycleChat Investigates - Breakfast

What breakfast do you eat?

• Nothing. Can't face food first thing.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Coffee. Oh god yes. Dear sweet coffee.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Corn flakes

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Sugar puffs

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fry up - the full English clogger

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • McDonalds

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Bottle of vodka in a brown paper bag

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Toast

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Shreddies

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Pop tarts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Why would that be?
MrsD will never eat reheated rice but I have done so for many years with (to my knowledge) no problems.

This link explains why https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/food-and-diet/can-reheating-rice-cause-food-poisoning/

Gekko21

Regular
Porridge - consisting of oats and rye flakes soaked overnight in soya or oat milk, heated next morning in the microwave and banana, flaked almonds and honey added. Sets me up for my short cycle.

On weekends, it's poached eggs on toast with freshly made juice after my morning exercise - kettlebell on Sat and outdoor swim (currently very short dip) on Sun.

All accompanied by black coffee.

stephec

Legendary Member
The forum only let's me select 10 options :sad:
Lump all the 'healthy' cereals in one option, and all the sugary ones in another, hey presto instant options free up.

Now you can put one of my choices in there, Gregg's. :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

Macdonalds - breakfast of kings

I've not eaten breakfast at Macdonalds, the last time I ate something at a Macdonalds would have been about 30 years ago when my Lad was in primary school and a group of them celebrated his birthday there.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Hotels I try to steer clear of the Full English. If it's buffet style the bacon will be made of bacon-shaped pieces of carpet, the eggs will be rubber and the sausages full of sawdust. So for those places it's coffee and toast (or "broast" because what comes out of those conveyer belt toasters isn't toast and isn't bread, it's broast).

If it's a hotel with breakfast made to order I'll go for the Russian roulette of poached eggs on toast. 60% of the time the eggs are pretty much raw, 20% of the time they're rubber but the other 20% they're lovely.

Never, ever have the black pudding or haggis at a hotel breakfast. Sometimes they can be so pungently strong the taste will be with you the rest of the day. I had black pudding in Penrith that had me retching 6 hours later.

Nicest breakfast I had last year was in Zaragoza - fresh thin folded omelette with slices of ham. Lovely.

ETA - oh, and never accept the offer of extra soda bread with an Ulster Fry. It's like the cream cracker challenge.

Top Bottom