CycleChat Investigates - Breakfast

What breakfast do you eat?

• Nothing. Can't face food first thing.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Coffee. Oh god yes. Dear sweet coffee.

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • Corn flakes

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Sugar puffs

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fry up - the full English clogger

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • McDonalds

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Bottle of vodka in a brown paper bag

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Toast

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Shreddies

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Pop tarts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Tea is non-negotiable. Then it can be any number of things, depending on what I've picked up on yellow sticker:

1) Doughnuts
2) Danish pastries
3) Croissants
4) Wholemeal toast with either smooth peanut butter, chocolate spread or marmalade
5) Fruit loaf
6) Buns
7) Porridge

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Whisky

contadino

Veteran
Following 49 years of being unable to keep breakfast down (with the notable exception of a fry-up on top of a hangover), I discovered Bircher and have become a total convert. Fig bircher with chopped banana is amazing. Nowadays I tend to forget/skip lunch. There are loads of videos on YouTube about how to make it and why it's nutritionally up there with Popeye's spinach.

johnblack

Über Member
Tea in bed, always. Then depends on my day, if I'm going to the gym at lunchtime I'll have porridge, muesli, that kind of thing, basically carbs. If I'm not, then, tend to have salmon, eggs that kind of thing, more protein. Weekends depends entirely on what I've had to drink.

12boy

Guru
I alternate between 3 eggs cooked in a nonstick pan with cheese instead of butter and whole wheat toast with butter and homemade wild plum jam and oatmeal with a handful of pecans and an 8 oz yoghurt. All this washed down with French press coffee strong enough to float a 25 cent coin. When we go out it's 2 scrambled eggs, fruit, whole wheat toast and an 8 oz steak. When the kids visit it's eggs with cheese and green Chile, sausages, bacon, toast and/or pancakes. Food is good.

postman

Legendary Member
We were away last week a hotel jobby.I had the whole lot every morning.I was not cooking it nor was i washing up afterwards.Sadly this is the only time i have the full mashing including the Continental part as well.At home cereal and crumpets with apple juice.

When the kids visit it's eggs with cheese and green Chile, sausages, bacon, toast and/or pancakes. Food is good.

If you like eggs and chilli, try this...

Take a couple of sweet (bell) peppers, a courgette (zucchini), an onion and about 4 cloves of garlic. Roughly chop. And chilli to taste - whether dried flakes or fresh. Saute the veggies in a couple of tablespoons of oil until tender. Then crack a few eggs into that and stir through until the eggs are cooked.

Serve with hot buttered toast and sweet chilli sauce on the side.

I usually have this for supper, but would work well for brekkie as well.

Gunk

Guru
1503216F-694E-4AE8-9FC4-1136423A7771.jpeg

Top Bottom