• Salt and vinegar

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Cheese and onion

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Hedgehog (remember them?)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Steak

• Ready salted, the best by a mile (a teensy bit of favouritism there)

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Beef and onion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marmite.

• Roast chicken

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Prawn cocktail. I mean who or why?

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Barbecue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Come to think of it, it's been ages since I had a salt and vinegar crisp and salad cream butty. Yum yum.
:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::stop:

Roysters T-Bone Steak... In no way represents the actual flavour of T-Bone steaks, but still i like their attempt...
I was considering giving those an honourable mention, but I've not had them for years so don't know how they would fare against my more refined palate. (he says unironically, moments after also saying that he'd die on the hill of Roast Beef Monster Munch)

Brandane

Legendary Member
It really depends upon the brand.
Agreed. Walkers are consistently the best IMHO, but I like the stronger flavour of Seabrooks cheese and onion.
Walkers pickled onion are another favourite. Tomato sauce or Worcester sauce are nice for a change from the usual.
I am with @Randomnerd on this though:
But it’s all context. Juicy summer pint in a beer garden? Ready Salted. Ploughman’s lunch? Fancy heritage cider vinegar avec sea salt. Noisy white bread sarnie? Roast chicken.
All crisps are not equal though.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
If they don't taste like T bone steak, then presumably they could be called anything? Roast organic alpaca with Sun dried mushrooms? Wouldn't taste like that either! :okay:
I was harsh on the fake Roysters family who produce these crisps. They taste of something meaty. A bit like Bisto gravy granules, you know the one that is apparently made with real meat juices... Yes, yes i will go with that one as a fair judgement...

stephec

Legendary Member
I love crisps, Walker's s+v baked, McCoy crinkles s+v, and I also love meaty flavours and ready salted, I've been known to eat upto three bags a day, although I normally limit myself to one.

Whilst not strictly crisps there's also, Bobby's Spirals, Monster Munch roast beef, and Hoola Hoops.

And straying off topic a fair bit, Mini Cheddars, yum yum. 😊

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Walkers 'Max Strong' Hot Chicken Wings are the 'crisps du jour' chez the Nut domicile. :tongue:

Adam4868

Guru
Tayto cheese and onion.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Crisp addict, not going to lie... my top ten:

Brannigans roast beef and mustard
Brannigans ham and pickle
Smiths bacon flavour fries
Kettle chips, (bacon and maple syrup)
Cheese Quavers
Cheese and onion hula hoops