• Salt and vinegar

Votes: 15 15.8%
  • Cheese and onion

Votes: 38 40.0%
  • Hedgehog (remember them?)

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Steak

• Ready salted, the best by a mile (a teensy bit of favouritism there)

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Beef and onion

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marmite.

• Roast chicken

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Prawn cocktail. I mean who or why?

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Barbecue

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
You've not at least tried them!
View attachment 574264
I was unaware of the existence of this wondrous, holy repast. Clearly it is so holy that the empty packets are often mistaken for the ark of the covenant.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Worcester Sauce.. God's own crisp!

Smokey Bacon.. Crusty scales of Beelzebub

stephec

Legendary Member
Careful not to confuse crisps with potato-derived snacks. We purists frown on the inclusion of fries, puffs and whatsits. @Drago, are you talking thinly sliced potatoes, yes?
I reckon it should be sliced potatoes only, extruded maize snacks deserve their own thread.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I was unaware of the existence of this wondrous, holy repast. Clearly it is so holy that the empty packets are often mistaken for the ark of the covenant.
I've not seen Guinness crisps in a few years, I thought they'd been a failed, withdrawn experiment.
They didn't taste anything like Guinness by the way. They were sweet, malty, and a bit meaty... sounds odd I know but gosh they were moreish and delicious.

Does anyone know where to buy them now? I used to get them at Waitrose but they ceased stocking them.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Once went on a jolly to the Walkers factory. My boss grew a lot of their spuds. Wow. A. Mazing. What a set up. And what an earner.
Anyone got any views on gender in crisp choice? If they have, keep it to themselves is my advice

Gunk

Guru
Our local farm shop sells these, pretty sure they’re German. Absolutely delicious

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
I've not seen Guinness crisps in a few years, I thought they'd been a failed, withdrawn experiment.
They didn't taste anything like Guinness by the way. They were sweet, malty, and a bit meaty... sounds odd I know but gosh they were moreish and delicious.

Does anyone know where to buy them now? I used to get them at Waitrose but they ceased stocking them.
Here they are

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
It is some 15 years ago now, but, at that time, Walkers best selling flavour was Cheese and Onion.

My personal favourite is Ready Salted, but, I prefer Potato Sticks (ASDA own brand) to crisps.

Top Bottom