• Newsnight

Votes: 4 10.5%
  • Love Thy Neighbour

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Men Behaving Badly

• Never The Twain

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • The Cosby Show (the Canadian remake starring Justin Trudeau)

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Diff'rent Strokes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
There have been some dreadful, awful, truly appalling sitcoms over the years. Most of the worst seem to be on ITV.

So which is the worst? The world demands an answer!

alicat

Legendary Member
For me, Butterflies is right up there. A yawn a second.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Out of the options given, I'd go for Men Behaving Badly. It was aimed at roughly my demographic at the time (I'm younger than both actors by almost ten years, but let's be kind to them). And yet I always found it embarrassing, even then, that having men behave in a late 70s / early 80s way was still supposed to be considered funny in the 90s.

Last edited:

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
Personally, I find most older American sitcoms, like Frasier, Friends, Cheers , Golden Girls etc to have been every bit as awful as the worst of British. They are so formulaic that you know exactly when the punchline is coming. A says something, B responds and C comes in with a punchline ..... time after time .... and all with canned laughter. I would make exceptions for M.A.S.H, Scrubs, Bakersfield PD and Brooklyn Nine Nine, all of which I would confess to enjoying. Couldn't name another American one that isn't absolute garbage.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Oh, and Shelley was dog sh*t.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
"Wyatt's watchdogs" with Brian Wilde. Sorry its not on your list @Drago but I have to nominate it it's so utterly dire. Oh, and "Sorry", actually, there really are too many to list, but "Wyatt's watchdogs" is the stuff of nightmares!

Top Bottom