CycleChat Investigates - Gluttony

What food makes you defenceless to temptation?

• Cake

Votes: 12 22.2%
  • McDonalds (not that it really counts as a food)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mars Bars

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Snickers

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other inferior forms of confectionery

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Kebabs

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Curry

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Fish and chips

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Biccies

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Crisps, including other savouries such as Doritos or Pringles

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
We all have that food based Achilles heel, that one food we can't resist no matter how much were supposed to be watching our waistlines.

What's yours?

Smudge

Veteran
Takeaways..... If its Chinese then usually singapore chow mein.
Or curry..... onion bhaji, chicken madras, pilau rice, sag aloo and nan.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Maynard wine gums. I have in the past bought a big bag while shopping and by the time I drove 25 miles back home they were all gone. Even though I felt sick, I still kept eating them. I havn't had a wine gum in about 8 years now. They are my Achilles heel.

gbb

Legendary Member
Yoghurt.
I never had one till i was in my 40s and once tasted, no going back.
It got to the stage where i was upping the ante and buying full fat creamy 1kg tubs....yum yum, trouble is, portion control went out the window and i overdid it one day, suddenly went very yuk....and the puked my guts up. :laugh:
Ive not touched the heavy duty full fat stuff since....

MarkF

Guru
Nope, I've no food vices whatsoever, I can honesttly say that I evaulate and consider everything that I eat. I don't eat meat and I don't have a sweet tooth either which makes things pretty easy. By evening I'll know exactly what I've eaten and and know (ish) the calorific content.

It's totally contrary as I'll then happily have 4 Westons ciders and glass or two of wine. ^_^:okay:

I guage my food likes by how pissed off I get when the phone rings just as I've popped something into my mouth. Or someone asks me how it is so I have to gulp it down to answer their rude question politely. I seem to really like lots of things. Cake and pies are near the top of my list.

Mars bars, used to have at least one multipack on me when cycling to work, another waiting at home.

I recall the Summer of Twix sometime in the early 90's. Others may refer to the time period by the rave/dance music en vogue. The Twix big prize was a gold bar with a consolation prize of a free Twix. The secret was that the bar code entitling you to another free Twix was visible from the outside if you knew how and where to look.

Dave7

Legendary Member
You dont mention alcohol......a food to many:wacko:
I dont have a sweet tooth. I have fish and chips maybe once a month (not from a chip shop though eukk). I enjoy a curry but its normally £1.80 from Aldi.
Mr D can do a Welshie but on a box of Maltesers.... she gets 3/4 through and says "please take these away from me" and when I do she gives me a really dirty look:rolleyes:

Top Bottom