• Slow West

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Unforgiven

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Who Dares Wins

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I like the oft-repeated shootout gag in Police Squad where Drebin is taking cover behind a bin, firing at a criminal. The shot cuts between him and the bad guy, also crouching behind a bin, and it goes back and forth, the two shooters trading shots and misses, one after the other....

Then the shot cuts to wide, and you see that they're barely 3 feet apart.

2FQ41Hl.gif

nuHHhr9.gif

byegad

Legendary Member
TWO POINTS.
1. Baddies, even with fully automatic weapons can't shoot for toffee, while the hero can take them out with a pistol while sliding across the floor on his back.
2. Any film that has employed the total workforce of RENTA-HENCHMAN* is bound to have a couple of big shoot-outs with the Rentas killed on piece and every last one of them willing to die for the Baddy's evel cause.

* I once reduced a guy sat in front of us in a Bond movie to tears of laughter when I pointed out to Lady Byegad that:- RENTA-HENCHMAN had done well out of the villain.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Guns are for losers!!

⚔ Robin Hood against Sir Guy of Gisbourne ⚔

⚔ Errol Glynn in Crossed Swords ⚔

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Steve Buscemi seems so old these days, it seems seems odd to see him running so fast.

I always worry about the woman in that car. You would think she would be cut by jagged glass. I am always surprised Mr Pink is strong enough to drag her through the window.

Last edited:

Eziemnaik

Über Member
:blush:Objectivly there is the Heat and nothing else comes close, even if a few try hard.
However I will always have a soft spot for John Woo movies, even those less well regarded like Hard Target (masterpiece IMO)
My favourite little known shootout is from a fantastic Korean revenge thriller Bittersweet Life (skip to 4:45):

View: https://youtu.be/DiQIZzacSeU

Top Bottom