CycleChat investigates - return to normality...whatever that may be.

What is the first thing you do once released on coronavirus parole?

• Buy a McDonalds

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Get a haircut

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Go to the cinema

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Go dogging

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Go to the tip

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Go to Ikea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get jiggy on Tindr (or Grindr, if that's your thing)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fly abroad on holiday

• Go to a football match

• Go on a protest march

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
a couple of weeks ago i had a socially distanced meet up with a friend and she asked what i missed most... "Buying a hot pie." I replied. Obviously it was the wrong answer. But my local pie shop is reopening on Wednesday :okay:

...and there's going on a nice long bike ride and stopping off at a random country pub for lunch and a mid-ride pint.

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
I ticked "get a haircut" as I do need one. But I won't be rushing to get one amongst all the other customers. I'll wait till all that dies down, and if the hairdresser hasn't got the virus I'll fit it in somewhere in the busy schedule of continuing what I usually do - Bike, garden, fun little jobs, bit of rubbish telly and CC (of course).

Just as we went into lockdown a bit of something broke off a tooth. No worries for weeks but cold stuff is now noticeably setting it off a bit. So Dentist for me (after the inevitable rush) too.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Go to our caravan and chill, with Mrs F... doubt even a UK hotel will be open for our 25th wedding Anniversary in August (that we think is safe) Then MTB weekender with a 'bubble' of mates, even if it means riding up Prestatyn mountain to sit outside for a pint at the pub on the top, at the end of October wearing full winter kit.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
None of the above as I also am in Wales and we are still in lockdown for the most part, but even if we weren't I wouldn't be doing any of the above.

It is business as usual for me/us. :okay:

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm given to understand that The Wicker Man is a Welsh lockdown documentary.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Of course this question gets asked on every kind of forum... some variant of "what's the first thing you'll do when this is all over" like that's how it happens in practice. But really there's no immediate "go!" Is there... no overarching green light, no "fill your boots, do whatever you want" point. It's all tiny increments, so that "glorious day" isn't a day at all, it's all kind of diluted and spread over many months.
I just worked out today that it'll likely be this time next year when my job looks something like it did a few months ago, if I'm still in this job.

I think what I'm looking forward to most at the moment is for my daughter to go to school so I can finally work again, and for her to see her friends and be able to hug, she's missing that terribly and she's an emotional wreck because of it.

McDonald's, Tinder, Ikea, Cinema, whatever, you can keep them. I want my normal daughter back and my job to be secure again.

Sorry for a Buzz Killington serious post. :blush:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
There's nothing on the list that appeals to me - see below.
  • Buy a McDonalds - I've ever had a McDonalds, why would I want one now
  • Get a haircut - D.I.Y Grade 2 so no need
  • Go to the cinema - There's nothing I want to see, and as for idiots treating the cinema as if they were watching a film at home, no thanks
  • Go dogging - I'm more of a cat person ^_^
  • Go to the tip - Did a tip run just before they were closed so no need
  • Go to Ikea - Most people seem to go for the meatballs and I'm not hungry at the moment.
  • Get jiggy on Tindr (or Grindr, if that's your thing) - Should I ask what they are?
  • Fly abroad on holiday - And have to spend another 14 days locked up at home when I get back - no thanks
  • Go to a football match - Is that the one with the odd shaped balls, or one of the bat based games? I'm a motorsport spectator and that's all behind closed doors for some time to come.
  • Go on a protest march - This is Suffolk. We don't do protests, just hurrumph a bit. Quietly.

Considering that the rule allowing you to drive somewhere to take exercise were relaxed a few weeks ago, and it was only yesterday that I took advantage by driving the 25 miles to Stowmarket to start a ride, I'm in no hurry. I think I'll just wait for the pubs to find a way to open up - preferably on a warm & sunny day - and ride out for a quiet pint or two watching the world go by.

Top Bottom