CycleChat investigates - return to normality...whatever that may be.

What is the first thing you do once released on coronavirus parole?

• Buy a McDonalds

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Get a haircut

Votes: 16 37.2%
  • Go to the cinema

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Go dogging

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Go to the tip

Votes: 10 23.3%
  • Go to Ikea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get jiggy on Tindr (or Grindr, if that's your thing)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fly abroad on holiday

• Go to a football match

• Go on a protest march

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
My 8 year old son just wants to go to school.
He’s been off for 2 and half months and has another 3 months ahead.
It’s just not fair to keep young people isolated like this.
I doubt I will join in the mad rush anywhere. But at some point in August it would be nice to get away somewhere for a couple of nights just to change the scene.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I put dogging. I tried to put hair cut as well but you poll wont allow multiple choices. Difficult decision :wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I do need a tip run. Got a chopped up bed, mattress and two broken office chairs to get rid of (daughter's bed needed replacing) - it won't fit in bin bags so can't take it.

I do need a tip run. Got a chopped up bed, mattress and two broken office chairs to get rid of (daughter's bed needed replacing) - it won't fit in bin bags so can't take it.
Did you try freecycle?. There are people on there who think they can repair anything. I stress before chopping it up.
When you say you can't take it do you mean there is no council tip that will take stuff like that? If not where are you supposed to take it?

a couple of weeks ago i had a socially distanced meet up with a friend and she asked what i missed most... "Buying a hot pie." I replied. Obviously it was the wrong answer. But my local pie shop is reopening on Wednesday :okay:

...and there's going on a nice long bike ride and stopping off at a random country pub for lunch and a mid-ride pint.
Pubs aren't on his list otherwise I would have something to tick.

Might go to the seaside. As long as it's not inundated with people....so won't be going to the seaside till winter.
Pity

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
My 8 year old son just wants to go to school.
He’s been off for 2 and half months and has another 3 months ahead.
It’s just not fair to keep young people isolated like this.
I doubt I will join in the mad rush anywhere. But at some point in August it would be nice to get away somewhere for a couple of nights just to change the scene.
Mini D is year 4 and doesn't seem likely to go back before the new school year. Shes hyper-bright and needs constant input of information. I've been teaching her everything from English to Orbital mechanics and she just sucks the knowledge up faster than I can recall it. I tell you, even when the kids are well behaved and eager to learn those teachers really earn their money.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Sitrep - I looks like our readership will be going for a haircut, and on the way back heading to the tip for a bit of hanky panky with someone elses Wife. The World laid bare under the spotlight of CC.

fossyant

Tip run completed. Managed to get rid of cardboard, timber and two broken desk chairs. They won't accept mattresses so that's back in the greenhouse (it's not going in my garage).

fossyant

Did you try freecycle?. There are people on there who think they can repair anything. I stress before chopping it up.
When you say you can't take it do you mean there is no council tip that will take stuff like that? If not where are you supposed to take it?

The tip relaxed it's rules on Monday. I've managed to dispose of everything, bar the mattress. The bed had to be 'cut up' to get it out of her small room (don't ask how I got it in, lots of bad language. The new bed is about 10cm shorter, so gave me some 'tool room'.

Top Bottom