CycleChat Investigates - Scotsmen

Who is the greatest Scotsman of all time?

• Robert the Bruce

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Groundskeeper Willie

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Andy Murray

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Nicola Sturgeon

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Drago

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Alexander Fleming

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Robert Watson-Watt

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ian Anderson

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I was seeing an English girl for a while and, wanting to show her the sights of Scotland, we packed a tent in the Renault 5 and headed off into the wilds. A week away was cut short on day two. We were walking along a path by Loch Lomond when I heard a wailing from behind me I'd never heard before and thankfully have never heard since. I turned round to see her absolutely covered in midges and howling as she was eaten. You know those pictures of people covered in bees? It was like that but with a hundred times more midges - she was just a black, flailing, wailing figure. Poor girl. We rushed home and she dived straight in the bath but came up in awful purple blotches and lumps.

Midgies like English.

classic33

Leg End Member
John Loudon McAdam, inventor of the macadam road surface on which our scottish invented pneumatic tyres happily roll.
"Tarmacadam is a road surfacing material made by combining macadam surfaces, tar, and sand, patented by Welsh inventor Edgar Purnell Hooley in 1902."

Mr Celine

Discordian
"Tarmacadam is a road surfacing material made by combining macadam surfaces, tar, and sand, patented by Welsh inventor Edgar Purnell Hooley in 1902."
I never said he invented tarmac. But you can't have tarmac without the mac.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
It also annoys me that they cannot get it into their thick heads that Scotland is not subsidised by England but rather the reverse.
None of them can answer the obvious question. If Scotland is dependent and expensive why are they so desperate to hang on to us?

Oil, gas, water, electricity and 63 billion a year in tax revenues perhaps?

Say 'Thank you' England. :thanks:

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
I was seeing an English girl for a while and, wanting to show her the sights of Scotland, we packed a tent in the Renault 5 and headed off into the wilds. A week away was cut short on day two. We were walking along a path by Loch Lomond when I heard a wailing from behind me I'd never heard before and thankfully have never heard since. I turned round to see her absolutely covered in midges and howling as she was eaten. You know those pictures of people covered in bees? It was like that but with a hundred times more midges - she was just a black, flailing, wailing figure. Poor girl. We rushed home and she dived straight in the bath but came up in awful purple blotches and lumps.

Midgies like English.

Foreign blood. :laugh:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I lived in Finland. These things can carry off a small child and they repelled the Nazis and the Soviets.

Don't mess with Finnish Mozzies.:laugh:
Aye, tough people the Finns
1607350564568.png

Top Bottom