CycleChat Investigates - Scotsmen

Who is the greatest Scotsman of all time?

• Robert the Bruce

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Groundskeeper Willie

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Andy Murray

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Nicola Sturgeon

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Drago

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Alexander Fleming

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Robert Watson-Watt

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ian Anderson

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In Scottish sporting terms, that will never be bettered.
murray.gif

pjd57

Veteran

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Correct. Plenty more scientific and technical Scots too. John Napier for instance.

Brainy lot us Scots :smile:

I cannot find any symbol for raising two fingers.:tongue:
This "wee Jimmy Krankie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚" phenomenon that seems to emanate from a very specific kind of person on social media is weird.

The only explanation that makes sense is that they believe that Scottish independence supporters consider it offensive, when in fact it just betrays their total lack of originality. If you search this site for the phrase, it is repeated ad nauseam by tedious, tendentious bores. I keep asking that they get a new joke; on evidence, this simple request is beyond them.

Oh no, they're comparing a very highly regarded political leader to a member of a popular 70s/80s comedy double act whose schtick was that she dressed as a schoolboy. It's true, they look faintly similar! THIS IS A DISASTROUS BLOW FOR THE SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT!

oldwheels

Legendary Member
This "wee Jimmy Krankie ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚" phenomenon that seems to emanate from a very specific kind of person on social media is weird.

The only explanation that makes sense is that they believe that Scottish independence supporters consider it offensive, when in fact it just betrays their total lack of originality. If you search this site for the phrase, it is repeated ad nauseam by tedious, tendentious bores. I keep asking that they get a new joke; on evidence, this simple request is beyond them.

Oh no, they're comparing a very highly regarded political leader to a member of a popular 70s/80s comedy double act whose schtick was that she dressed as a schoolboy. It's true, they look faintly similar! THIS IS A DISASTROUS BLOW FOR THE SCOTTISH INDEPENDENCE MOVEMENT!
It also annoys me that they cannot get it into their thick heads that Scotland is not subsidised by England but rather the reverse.
None of them can answer the obvious question. If Scotland is dependent and expensive why are they so desperate to hang on to us?

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Yeah...travelled in Scandinavia:okay:. They're man-eaters in Sweden.
Hard to beat the ones at Sligachan on Skye. I stopped at the site there once and those not prepared with head nets and Skin so Soft were in severe trouble. I had a can of fly killer to kill those inside the tent before I got the door zipped up and to hang with any poisonous effects. Either that or end up in the morning as a skeleton.

Hard to beat the ones at Sligachan on Skye. I stopped at the site there once and those not prepared with head nets and Skin so Soft were in severe trouble. I had a can of fly killer to kill those inside the tent before I got the door zipped up and to hang with any poisonous effects. Either that or end up in the morning as a skeleton.
My ex and I once decided to walk across Kintyre from Tarbert to Claonaig and while we had both encountered midges before, neither of us were prepared for what happened when we stopped to set up the tent. The sky blackened with them. It took ages because every 5 seconds of work was accompanied by 30 seconds of running away swatting the air.

Top Bottom