CycleChat Investigates - Scotsmen

Who is the greatest Scotsman of all time?

• Robert the Bruce

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Groundskeeper Willie

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Andy Murray

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Nicola Sturgeon

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Drago

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Alexander Fleming

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Robert Watson-Watt

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ian Anderson

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sitrep - Groundskeeper Willie now has a roaring lead, with Ramirezsh in second place. I'm still on top of Nicola Sturgeon, which is not a nice place to be if I'm honest. Robert the Bruce has finally garnered a simgle vote, no doubt done as a joke by Eddie Longshanks.
Must have been a spider . :whistle:

tyred

Legendary Member
What about Hugh Tennent for bringing us Tennent's Lager, celebrated by students everywhere looking for a cheap way to get drunk?

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
He cannae break the laws o' physics, but he's one great Scot.
View attachment 561122

(The character, not the actor before comments ensue... ;) )
He was created as a homage to Scottish shipbuilding, Scots being great engineers:okay:. In reality, he was Canadian & I think born in the same hospital as Shatner, obviously earlier!. BTW, he lost part of a finger in WW2, not that you'd notice it.

LeetleGreyCells

Un rouleur infatigable
He was created as a homage to Scottish shipbuilding, Scots being great engineers:okay:. In reality, he was Canadian & I think born in the same hospital as Shatner, obviously earlier!. BTW, he lost part of a finger in WW2, not that you'd notice it.
It's really strange hearing the actors speak in their own accents rather than those of the characters they play. I heard James Doohan talking in his Canadian accent once, then avoided watching any other interviews as it was too strange and broke the illusion. The same with Walter Koenig.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
It's really strange hearing the actors speak in their own accents rather than those of the characters they play. I heard James Doohan talking in his Canadian accent once, then avoided watching any other interviews as it was too strange and broke the illusion. The same with Walter Koenig.
Another Scot by birth is Paul McGillion, who played the doctor in Stargate Atlantis. He was mainly raised in Canada, but used a Scottish accent for Stargate. He was considered for Scotty in the 2009 Trek reboot, but lost to Simon Pegg. He did get a brief cameo though.
Paul McGillion

Agree, its odd hearing actors speak in their natural accent. David Tennant & John Barrowman disguised them for Dr Who but Peter Capaldi didn't - all the better for it I think:okay:

Last edited:

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
No contest:
Unless we include Scotswomen, in which case:
Philippa York.

Last edited:
Top Bottom