CycleChat Investigates - Scotsmen

Who is the greatest Scotsman of all time?

• Robert the Bruce

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Sean Connery

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Groundskeeper Willie

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • William Wallace

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Andy Murray

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • Nicola Sturgeon

Votes: 4 8.2%
  • Drago

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Alexander Fleming

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Robert Watson-Watt

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ian Anderson

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
Come on cookie.......in 13 years you must have said something sensible
musn't you ??:rolleyes:

View: https://media.giphy.com/media/hvq8ONQhQ1XLq/giphy.gif

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Sitrep. The thoughtful and mild mannered Groundskeeper Willie, a native of Kirkwall (although both Aberdeen and Glasgow have tried to claim him in the past), with Connery and Fleming a close second. Its gratifying to see that enough of us are sufficiently old and well educated that Ian Anderson has garnered 3 votes.

Brandane

Legendary Member
Its gratifying to see that enough of us are sufficiently old and well educated that Ian Anderson has garnered 3 votes

I couldn't possibly vote for someone with that name. This guy was once my boss at Greenock. Probably best I don't say too much about him on a public forum, but suffice to say I had a laugh when I read this in the Glasgow Herald at the time. Apart from the bit about keeping his pension, the nobber. Complete, utter, total, NOBBER!

A SENIOR Strathclyde policeman has quit after accusations of malpractice in securing the release from custody of a friend's son. Chief Superintendent Iain Anderson, who headed Kilmarnock division, will retire on full pension.
Mr Anderson, the co-ordinator for Ayrshire of the force's campaign against domestic violence, ordered the release on New Year's Day. Last week the arrested man was fined £250 when he admitted punching his wife.

So, back to the light hearted banter....

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes, but couldn't you turn a blind eye in recognition of over 5 decades of services to prog rock?

Top Bottom