Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Gritty

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Pumpy soap or proper Bar soap

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
You can buy large blocks of soap which you then chop up and melt down before adding whatever you fancy.Put into moulds and add a fancy wrapper and the profit margin is whatever you think you can get away with. Been there done that.
Got the base soap from some bunch in Cornwall who had difficulty with proper invoicing so we fell out and I abandoned that enterprise.
That's what happened when Anita Roddick got hold of it years ago.

I'm sure it's not, I can't even smell any. First time I've bothered to read the ingredients so just as surprised. It's very soft and quite pleasant to use.
Cripes, you're brave - it's called black soap and you've never looked at the ingredients? I check everything out. If it's not honey, and it's the main ingredient (as it's first in the list?) And you can't smell anything, what the hell is it?
The forum demands a taste test.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Fairy liquid Hands that do dishes can feel soft as your face
There was an excellent joke knocking around in the 80s about two brothers working in a kitchen and both being too squeamish to dispatch a sea creature for the pot. The punchline was "Hans that does dishes can be soft as Hugh Fez, with my old green hairy-lipped squid."

Anyway, soap.... I can't use soap on my face, it dries my skin out terribly. I use squirty soap on my hands.

I have a dim memory that you used to be able to buy things for forming bits of soap into new bars. Was it a fevered dream?
No, your memory is sound! :smile:
I've never stooped to it, but it was a sort of press where you saved slivers then reformed them into another bar.
Used to turn up regularly in "penny-pincher" type things, along with a larger version to turn old newspapers into fire logs.

Sharky

Guru
When I was a boy, I always wanted to try this out ....

..... On my brother

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
What was that horrible rock hard green soap called, the one that it would have taken you till the end of time to get it to lather.

And you forgot dove soap. That's the best. :okay:

Top Bottom