Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Gritty

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Pumpy soap or proper Bar soap

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Soaps are all the same apart from whatever fancy additive the middle man wants. I used to buy the base soap in bulk and add perfume before rustic wrapping and selling at whatever I thought I could get away with.
How do you get shower gel on your back? Never used the stuff.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
I like Dove as it's pretty mild and I like the smell.

I tried Imperial Leather a while ago and it was bloody awful tbh - an excess of plastic packaging and they insist on putting a stupid, pointless paper sticker inside a recess on the outside of the bar; which needs to be removed otherwise you just end up with said sticker with a bit of soap stuck to it at the end of the bar.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I've given my hair a light trim.. 6mm all over. A tad long, for me, but more suited than my normal 3mm, to the cooler weather, I think.

Pump soap is an environmental disaster, a solution to a problem that doesn't exist. Plus you can never quite get the last bit.

Palm oil too. All that deforestation! I actively try to avoid buying anything made with palm oil.

I buy Dalan olive oil soap from Turkey. I thought it would be less good and more expensive than supermarket soap but the bars last for ages and it doesn't feel like it is stripping my skin like palm oil soap does. Nice, subtle fragrance too. Supermarket soap smells too artificial.

You have to veep it dry though, or it dissolves. Keep it on a soap dish.

You can buy five bars for about a tenner. That lasts both of us about 7 months so not too bad. If anyone wants a complimentary sliver to try it out, I will post one.

Brandane

Legendary Member
A wee bit late to this thread. I was going to post a new thread with a rant about soaps but found this through the search facility. So to the point, what have Wrights done to their coal tar soap? Used to be my favourite soap, but now it smells horrible. Is it my sense of smell changing or have they really messed with it?
Pears - I know I live in a soft water area but I still expect more than 4 showers out of one bar of your over-priced soap!
My soap of choice now is Tesco own brand lemon soap. Reasonably priced, smells ok, and lasts.
I also use Dettol soap, Simple, and Palmolive as and when I fancy a change. But no more Wrights coal tar (at the same time as they messed with the recipe they also imposed P taking price increases - although they are far from alone in doing that). No more Pears either, which saddens me a little as I once knew Miss Pears 1978. Kirsty Leighton, who was about 5 or 6 years old at the time. Her father Robin Leighton (later he was joint founder of Wylam brewery near Newcastle) was a Chief Officer in P&O General Cargo division and I sailed with him when I was a first trip deck cadet. His wife and 2 daughters (Kirsty and Fiona) came along for the trip as it was a good run (Gulf/Japan and many places in between).

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
So to the point, what have Wrights done to their coal tar soap?
They don't make it with coal tar anymore, thus omitting such fine health-giving substances as benzene and phenol and other lovely organic chemicals noted for toughening people up. I mean, they're organic chemicals. That means they're good, innit.

I don't know what the world is coming to.

Top Bottom