Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Gritty

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Pumpy soap or proper Bar soap

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Inherited a lifetime collection of mini-tablets gleaned from the world's hotel rooms. Still working through them and the soap all seems to be just about the same. However, the pricier the hotel, the more luxurious the wrapper: so now you know what pricey hotels are charging for.
I once held a one-to-one PR meet in a major London hotel suite with a client. The marketing bod at the end confided to me that at the end he had cleaned out the samples, even the partly used ones. Rather endeared him to me :smile:

I drain the last bit of unpumpable soap into the new bottle to save wasting it..
Is that the 21st Century way of sticking the last sliver to the next bar?
whatever happened to that thread on skinflint/money saving tips - kinda Viz like but also at times very practical?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I prefer the cheapest possible but is there any point? It's not like a bar soap is expensive no matter how smelly. I normally use shower gel in the shower because I get some for free (my favourite price). But it is a ridiculous idea, you put it on your hand and most is washed away before you can clean yourself. So you have to stand out of the shower to use it properly. I am going to make a guess., it works out at 10 times more costly than bar of soap....at least.

View attachment 556007

I will have to put this away till I can get some to stick to it.
The only benefit of squirty soap is that it's easier to clean the bathroom afterwards because it makes less mess than a wet bar of soap. For the person who's actually washing with it, it's worse than useless.

Once a Wheeler

…always a wheeler
I normally use shower gel in the shower… you have to stand out of the shower to use it properly.
Is that not what everyone does? Before getting into the shower, put a couple of blobs of shower gel on the hand, set the container aside, rub palms together, give yourself a quick total body massage to spread the gel, get into the shower, wash. Applying gel in a running shower seems to me to be like trying to drink from a seive.

Is that not what everyone does? Before getting into the shower, put a couple of blobs of shower gel on the hand, set the container aside, rub palms together, give yourself a quick total body massage to spread the gel, get into the shower, wash. Applying gel in a running shower seems to me to be like trying to drink from a seive.
Not my way. in shower first then out, put shower gel on wash then under shower to rinse off.

I once held a one-to-one PR meet in a major London hotel suite with a client. The marketing bod at the end confided to me that at the end he had cleaned out the samples, even the partly used ones. Rather endeared him to me :smile:
My daughter used to do that and give them to me, now she has an airbnb I don't get any?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I bought 2 bars of this the other day. https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/oliva-pure-olive-oil-soap-60038772 I would've just bought the one, to test it out first, but it was on a buy 2 get 1 half price, so I ended up with 2. :rolleyes: I've been trying different 'kind on the skin' soaps lately as my itchy, dry skin problem has returned. I've just had a shower and used it for the first time. The bar is too square, not smoothed edges, so it won't roll round in the hand, easy enough to create a lather. It reminds me of that green Fairy Soap we had in the 1960's/70's. It also smells of chip/frying oil! :ohmy: It's also not that good at lathering up, even when you rub it vigorously on the skin. I'll see how my itchy, dry skin problem goes and use it for a week or so. I just hope that chip oil smell doesn't stay on my skin! I'm sniffing myself now and I can't smell anything, but maybe others will get a whiff? :unsure:

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Just don't drop it ......
Is all I am going to say

I'm ok, I live alone! :whistle:

Top Bottom