CycleChat Investigates - The Apocalypse

What is the best end of civilisayion documentary?

• Waterworld

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • The Omega Man

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The Day After Tomorrow

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Threads

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The Postman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • When the Wind Blows

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Day of the Triffids

Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Any Mad Max documentary

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Notting Hill

Votes: 7 21.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
You may dream...
If you could see what ive seen
1626633559211.png

Last edited:

AndreaJ

Veteran
We had a power cut last night, my daughter realised that the internet doesn’t work without electricity, she thought it was the end of civilisation 😂. Luckily it was back on after a couple of hours and the world didn’t actually end after all!

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I mist admit, I do like The Day after Tomorrow. Pure hokum, but you know the world will be saved when Dennis Quaid isnon the case.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
My 30 year plus ones are doing just fine
a friend of mine thought they were indestructible. He'd leave them out of their cases, on the floor for weeks on end.... and most of them skip and stick and generally don't play very well at all, yet he still thought they were indestructible, and the player was at fault... it was only about ten years ago that it finally dawned on him that they actually need to be looked after... muppet! :wacko:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Im just glad I am near the end of my mortal coil. Born in 1958. No world wars. Great in the 60s, 70, 80s, in the 90s the wheels started fall off and nobody listened. I think even if we wanted to there is no turning back from the earth changing until it will be impossible to live on. The causes are staring us in the face and yet the people running the world will do nothing significant to stop it. If the end is coming, I will not be here to see it but believe we thoroughly deserve it.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
How about the Alexander Korda masterpiece, "Things to Come", based on HG Welles' novel "the Shape of Things to Come". For me the most chilling sequence in the film is the depiction of the second world war (presictedslightly earlier than it actually happened). The film shows newspaper headlines "great offensive against the eastern powers" and so on, but each headline is on scrappier and scrappier newspapers until you get "attack on hill village goes well" after the nations have broken down into waring villages and factions. Great music by Sir Arthur Bliss.

This is musically and visually my favourite bit, "rebuilding the new world"

View: https://youtu.be/yx_PEWu0EoA

Top Bottom