England : London CycleChat London Drinks 12th December

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Trickedem

Guru
Not sure if this has been proposed anywhere else, but I thought it would be nice to get together and have a few Christmas drinks. I'm open to suggestions as to a suitable pub. I think the only requirements is that there should be enough room, it shouldn't be too noisy and it should do simple food.
The 12th is probably the only date I could do in December, so I chose if for purely selfish reasons :smile:

subaqua

What’s the point
Not sure if this has been proposed anywhere else, but I thought it would be nice to get together and have a few Christmas drinks. I'm open to suggestions as to a suitable pub. I think the only requirements is that there should be enough room, it shouldn't be too noisy and it should do simple food.
The 12th is probably the only date I could do in December, so I chose if for purely selfish reasons :smile:

stage door near waterloo. but it does get very very busy ( all pubs in London do I suppose)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
count me in.
How about the All Bar One in Shad Thames. Nice and big, plenty of room. We all know it. And plenty of space for bikes (if anyone does bring a bike). Nice views of the Thames too.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
count me in.
How about the All Bar One in Shad Thames. Nice and big, plenty of room. We all know it. And plenty of space for bikes (if anyone does bring a bike). Nice views of the Thames too.
ABO can get hopelessly rammed at popular times. I waited for twenty minutes to get served once, and only by being quite short with someone who tried to jump the jostling. Office parties in December could be a problem.

OP
OP
Trickedem

Trickedem

Guru
I think wherever we go at this time of year, it is going to be busy, so I think All Bar One is as good as anywhere else, certainly better than the Stage Door. Hopefully it will also get quieter once people go off to restaurants for their Christmas meal.

subaqua

What’s the point
I think wherever we go at this time of year, it is going to be busy, so I think All Bar One is as good as anywhere else, certainly better than the Stage Door. Hopefully it will also get quieter once people go off to restaurants for their Christmas meal.
you mean better for those who need london bridge station ;)

ABO will be bonkers busy. it was mad for the new year tour that Dell did. although if we all turn up in lycra we could scare them out of the place.

there is azurro at London Bridge city and we can book some of the downstairs bar . we used to do that when working on London Bridge city on a friday

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'm on call so unable to come along.

To help with the busy, I'd suggest going for a pub where you can book a roped off area. Slug and Lettuce at Waterloo will do this for you, I think the Mulberry Bush opposite the LWT building would do it too. Not sure about ABO as I rarely visit them.

Top Bottom