CycleChat mis-informed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Classic33 the person making the accusation isn't a 'serious cyclist' by any chance?

They claimed to be, but more of the type that used off-road cycle paths than actual roads.
DP.jpg
Anyone on here know the face.

more misinformation!

Please elaborate

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
...with an engine.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
it's the inhabitants of ITV4 who should be really worried. 'if one or two teams formed an alliance......'. Yes, Paul. 'There in the distance you can see the high-speed TGV'. That'd be this one, would it?
TER_Hazebrouck.jpg

Reactions: gaz

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
If it's that one, it's very lost indeed - Hazebrouk is at the opposite of a long diagonal of the Hexagon.

subaqua

What’s the point
It's familiar - a relatively minor Tory national politician IIRC. But I can't fit a name to the face or to the initials in the image filename (DP).

had a look at the list of tory MPs and then all MPs and none of the initials DP ( either way DP or PD ) match the photo of Norman "curly" watts

The information was ther it was simply Miss Construed

ohnovino

Large Member
Looks a bit like John Selwyn Gummer, but a bit of googling shows it's David Proctor (whoever he his).

(edit: rats, Dan B beat me to it!)

Now we know who he is, can we have a plain-English version of what's going on? Having followed the earlier insurance thread, I'm intrigued.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 1934071, member: 45"]Who is he? Can't see his mug on the list of councillors.[/quote]
Senior Engineer, Transportation at Calderdale MBC. Picture posted to see if anyone actually knew him. There are enough people on here & although a long(very) shot, someone may have known him.

Edited
Slow typing. Two people have already identified him. Note the posing times.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
Looks a bit like John Selwyn Gummer, but a bit of googling shows it's David Proctor (whoever he his).

(edit: rats, Dan B beat me to it!)

Now we know who he is, can we have a plain-English version of what's going on? Having followed the earlier insurance thread, I'm intrigued.

Having asked the question on Monday, this week. I have had him contact me with regards the cycle lane insurance. He's not too certain over the insurance being required for cycle lane usage. In the 13 minute call he came over as a person who feels we as cyclists should be insured. I asked, out of curiosity, had he heard of CycleChat. He had & he's also been on here. He went onto say that we are mis-informed on this site would go no further.
This coming Monday(16th July) I'm going to be asking him exactly what did he mean by that.
I started this thread in the hope that if he did post on here, he'd be willing to point out where the mis-information is & possibly correct it. Given the posistion he now holds.

OP
OP
classic33

classic33

Leg End Member
[QUOTE 1934349, member: 45"]Well he'd be very welcome on here.

And it might do him good because information so far suggests he's lacking in knowledge in some areas.[/quote]

Given his current posistion(workwise), you'd think he might have to know more. As far as I'm aware he posts on here, & he may have already posted on this thread.

I've always taken this & other such forums as places where a person can ask about something because there will always be people who may have had the same problem you are now asking. You may not like what they say, but to say that CycleChat is mis-informed is too sweeping a statement for me.

Top Bottom