CycleChat paying its way - A BIG THANK YOU from Admin

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
How does it generate income? I don't see any ads thankfully.

Banner ads are displayed to guests; advertisers pay to post in the ads forums (only a couple at the moment - Hello Colin and Roadkill); and external links are checked for qualifying merchants and if someone buys something we get a small commission (and it doesn't cost the buyer extra).

So people are "doing their bit" but in a non-intrusive way and at no extra cost to themselves. :thumbsup:

[Edit: Damn ... Colin beat me to it. :laugh: ]

Brahan

Über Member
Good for you for sticking with it. I can guess there must have been a few times when you've really wondered why you're doing it. Thank you for doing so.

No oh contrae thank you.This a CTC are two must visit sites.Ok I sometimes get flack from what I post or sell but its great to be able to chat and get advice from other keen cyclists. Heres to the next 5 years.

mangaman

Thanks Shaun.

You've provided an amazing service for nothing (for the user) and you can't say that every day.

Good on you.

I hope Hull's OK (no looting) - I spent many happy years in West Hull in the Princes' Ave area and keep planning to go back. I'll let you know if I do and buy you an unlimited number of beers in the Old White Hart.
thumbsup.png

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good stuff Shaun!!

This is excellent.

Thank you for CC in the first place!

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Give over - I'm just the oily rag man - YOU LOT make CC what it is.

Seriously, thanks you all for your continued support and commitment ... it makes CC what it is - a fantastic community and a great place to hang around.

You all make me laugh and cry on a regular basis and it's cracking to see so many new people turning up and getting stuck in, and so many long-timers continuing to visit daily and share their wisdom and wit.

Where else would you get virtual strangers welcoming you into their homes without batting an eyelid; letting you ride thousands of pounds worth of pride and joy without any threats of "if you scratch it I'll kill you"; writing excellent books about long rides and plastic ties; nursing you round rides when your fitness isn't what it should be; etc. etc.

It really is, at its heart, a friendly place with some cracking people and I thank you all for making it happen.

Onwards and upwards.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

martint235

Dog on a bike
Wot they all said!!! Cheers Shaun for all the hard work you put in and not just providing the site but also the support that goes with it. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom