CycleChat paying its way - A BIG THANK YOU from Admin

Angelfishsolo

A Velocipedian
It's been five and a half years since CycleChat was first thrown together as a project for me to mess about with in between web design jobs.

It's come a looooooooong way since then and last month, for the very first time, it generated enough revenue to cover costs; and looks set to continue along those lines into the future.

I just want to say a really big thank you to all of you for coming here day after day, posting and chatting, and making the whole thing happen. :bravo:

Thanks for all your hard work - it really is appreciated.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Shaun it is a pleasure I assure you. I am so glad your baby is paying its way at least :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
What wonderful news
thebiggrin.gif
!

Shaun, THANK YOU so much for having the idea, creating the site, mentoring and monitoring it, getting the right feel and vibe in it and making it a friedly[sup]TM[/sup] place to be !
bravo.gif

We enjoy coming here because it is what you have 'persuaded' it to become.

Now to move on to CC putting something back into your pocket
smile.gif
rather than taking it out
mag-smile.gif

clivedb

Guru
It's come a looooooooong way since then and last month, for the very first time, it generated enough revenue to cover costs; and looks set to continue along those lines into the future.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Thanks, Shaun - you've created a wonderful resource for us all.

colly

Re member eR
As a matter of interest................do you ever find time to actually get out and ride?? :smile:

I have all on just doing everyday stuff as it is, with the occasional look in here, never mind finding time to run and organise a website as well.

Your efforts are well appreciated ! :thumbsup:

Bluebell72

Thanks Shaun.
I'm a relative newcomer to the site and to cycling, but in the last few months I have been able to ask questions from people who have plenty of answers, good advice, all the gear AND the idea! - and so I've learnt a lot.

Thankyou for your committment and hard work :becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Great news. Very difficult for a site to do that. PS folks, don't forget the mods, love or despise them :hello:, they keep the site on track for everyone for now't.

Thanks Shaun !!!!

A year since I joined Cycle Chat and little did I know how much fun it was going to bring me. From my first Sunday London Ride on 13th August 2010 to doing a 50 mile ride round Kent the day after a 70 mile Friday Night Ride to the Coast on Sunday 14th August 2011, just three weeks after 105 miles cycling from Dieppe to Paris in July 2011. Thank you Admin. I am having a ball!

M :bicycle:

Top Bottom