CycleChat Safe Cycling video

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a few practical questions.

Who will have copyright?

How will it be funded?

Who will be executive producer?

How will it be marketed?

Elmer Fudd

Miserable Old Bar Steward
Here are the answers to your questions.
Hilldodger said:
Just a few practical questions.

Who will have copyright?
The person with the biggest baseball bat

How will it be funded?
A grant from the Lottery fund

Who will be executive producer?
A committee will be formed and when a general consensus of 80% are in agreement the exec. producer will be named and all will hail to him/her. (Alternatively, lets just put Admin in charge)

How will it be marketed?
A group of illegal immigrants will be hired on a 1% commission rate to sell hookey copies off a bed sheet at car boot sales.

girofan

Tricky bits

How to grab a full feeding bottle from the cage, cock the arm, and throw through the rear windscreen of the car that just overtook, slammed on brakes and turned left in front of you, all in one movement.
20 points if you hit the driver in the back of the head!!! :blush:

postman

Legendary Member
Could we get some film stars to do the dangerous bits?. Like the cycling.Who would be your double ?.

longers

Legendary Member
postman said:
Could we get some film stars to do the dangerous bits?. Like the cycling.Who would be your double ?.

I think you'd have a hard time trying to stop Jacomus doing ALL the dangerous bits.

Arch

Married to Night Train
postman said:

Something from Monsters Inc probably...

Was thinking about this on the way home yesterday and it could work, at least as something for YouTube (although that limits us to 10 minutes, and in reality, I don't think a lot of people will stick with a film as long as that unless it's very good. Perhaps episodes IS the way to go - short, snappy, lots of different ones...).

A practicality: Do we set a script/running order and get folk to film to it, or let folks do bits of filming and then work the script/running order around that. The latter might be easier, the former more professional.

Also, I'm assuming we are working to a standard, like Cyclecraft...

Carwash

Señor Member
Arch said:
Was thinking about this on the way home yesterday and it could work, at least as something for YouTube (although that limits us to 10 minutes, and in reality, I don't think a lot of people will stick with a film as long as that unless it's very good. Perhaps episodes IS the way to go - short, snappy, lots of different ones...).

If you need a snazzy LucasFilm-esque pre-title sequence rendering, I'm your man. ;)

SamNichols

Gun the door zone section! I will even do the section where I slam into the door at (not very fast) speed.
Also, I will do - how to walk in road shoes without falling over, where to stop on a hill if you can't quite get up it, original swear words to shout at drivers and how to tut when you see a RLJer.

OP
OP
Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen

So, current sections, in some kind of rough order that makes sense to me.

Cool titles and renering from carwash

• The Machine
  • Set up your bicycle
  • Buying cheapo lights
  • Regular checks
  • Helmet fitting

Basics
  • How to perform an emergency stop - Shotgun this one
  • Primary and secondary position
  • The door zone - Sam Nichols
  • Traffic lights and pavements - Sam Nichols

Tricky bits
  • Filtering
  • RABs - Shoutgun this one too
  • Pinch points and potholes - Arch
  • Shared paths - Arch

Suggestions welcome.

Also if you feel that you would have something to contribute to a section, say which one and I will preliminarily put your name against it. Obviously this doesn't mean you have to do anything, but it would be nice to know what people thought.

Top Bottom