CycleChat's cycling twonk of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think I have posted this before but I think I did the most stupid thing this spring. I was re-fitting a loo for a client after finishing his tiling, and decided to take my bike in the van as well for a ride after work. Anyway, toilet fitted, I noticed a hole in the side of the bog where the cold feed could go if reversed. Normally there is a chrome coloured cap that just plugs in to make it neat, but I could not find it anywhere. Had a good look in the van and there it was on the floor. Took it to the loo, popped it in and said my goodbyes. Some hours later I took my bike out of the van and noticed that a bar end plug was missing.........................OMG I have put it in his bog (perfect fit though!)

Did not really want to phone the client to explain the situation though. To cut the story short, I then found the bog plug in my van. So he has a nice shiny Boardman end cap in his bog, and I have an old "Armitage Shanks" equivalent bog plug in my bike:sad:

i take it the armitage shanks plug is a bog standard one:biggrin:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I think I have posted this before but I think I did the most stupid thing this spring. I was re-fitting a loo for a client after finishing his tiling, and decided to take my bike in the van as well for a ride after work. Anyway, toilet fitted, I noticed a hole in the side of the bog where the cold feed could go if reversed. Normally there is a chrome coloured cap that just plugs in to make it neat, but I could not find it anywhere. Had a good look in the van and there it was on the floor. Took it to the loo, popped it in and said my goodbyes. Some hours later I took my bike out of the van and noticed that a bar end plug was missing.........................OMG I have put it in his bog (perfect fit though!)

Did not really want to phone the client to explain the situation though. To cut the story short, I then found the bog plug in my van. So he has a nice shiny Boardman end cap in his bog, and I have an old "Armitage Shanks" equivalent bog plug in my bike:sad:
Genius!

OP
OP
Jon George

Jon George

Mamil and couldn't care less
I kept looking in front of me on the Ride London and thinking "there's that group all riding in bright yellow tops, I thought I'd caught them already."

It took me far too long to realise most of the field was in yellow waterproofs.
This may be short, and sweet, but this encapsulates twonkness in a nuanced way some might miss. Chapeau! You should be proud, but then, that is not what being a twonk is all about. ^_^

up hill struggle

Not bikes but my brother did similar, got a carpet he'd ordered delivered, unrolled it part way and carefully cut out the hearth shape and a diddly bit where the gas pipe goes, unrolled the carpet the whole way and, oh goddammit.

a similar carpet fitting twonk from my brother in law 10 years ago.

a few weeks before before the birth of their son my sister rang me & asked if I could help brian fit carpet to the nursery, only to happy to help I said yes & arranged to call passed the following day after work.

I arrived to help with the carpet, sister told me that although brian wanted the help, he also kinda liked the thought of doing it for himself which I could completely understand as it was their first child. she made a coffee for me & I joined brian in the back garden who was cutting the carpet to size before taking it to the room. I walked outside to find brian had unrolled the new carpet on the patio & had placed the old carpet on top of the new & was using it as a template to cut the new to the same shape that way we only needed to carry the new one inside set it down on the floor & trim to fit. I had used this method a few times to fit carpet myself & it worked well & I had given brian the idea a few weeks earlier when they called past my house & I was doing the same thing in the daughters nursery.

I did after about 30 seconds though point out that he had the old carpet upside down & the new carpet right way up & before he starts cutting we needed to turn it over so old & new carpet both faced up otherwise he would end up cutting the same shape but would be the wrong way round when he tried to put it in the room, "ah right" he said "I had put it that way so the dirt from underneath the old carpet didn't dirty the top of the new one".

then the colour started to drain from his face "I need to turn it before I cut it" he said, followed by, "ah f**k. ive just finished cutting it"

I started to snigger but did manage not to laugh as at this point he still hadn't fully grasped what I meant when I said both carpets need to face the same way, so I told him to help turn the old carpet the right way up. as soon as we did that he understood what I meant & as he stood there looking down at his handy work my sister brought the coffee out handed it to me & asked whats wrong I replied with theres been a cockup, she looked down saw that the cut outs for the door way & alcove where she had planned for the cot to go where on opposite sides on the carpet from were they needed to be, looked at brian & said "honestly brian how can somebody whos so smart be so stupid, you can be a right twat at times". at that point though I have admit that I did start laughing which kinda helped break the tension abit.

to be fair he is very,very smart but lacks common sense.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
MOD NOTE 2 - The REPEAT
Please keep your posts to cycling twonkishness - our keyboards and brothers-in-law won't last the pace otherwise ! :laugh:

If you really want to open the doors to CC Twonkishness outside cycling, start another thread ... but .... you may need to put a 'Not Safe for Keyboards' cautionary note. :ohmy:

Reactions: _aD
MOD NOTE 2 - The REPEAT
Please keep your posts to cycling twonkishness - our keyboards and brothers-in-law won't last the pace otherwise ! :laugh:

If you really want to open the doors to CC Twonkishness outside cycling, start another thread ... but .... you may need to put a 'Not Safe for Keyboards' cautionary note. :ohmy:
I think there is already another non-cycling twonkiness thread... here we go... http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/setting-new-standards-in-stupidity.161793/

Top Bottom