CycleChat's cycling twonk of the year

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of entries:
Clipless moment on holiday at Centre Parcs. Move over to let a couple of cyclists coming the other way pass and take the 90 degree corner, oops, bit too sharp and I'm now losing balance a bit as I'm almost stopped, just unclip and put foot down. Problem here is there is a small fence type rail at exactly the same height as my foot which I'm now very close to from avoiding the oncoming cyclists, which stops me twisting foot enough to unclip and I slowly roll over the rail and end up on my back, clipped in with the bike on top of me.

Coming back from a local farm with a tray of eggs in the basket on the rack I stopped because a leaf was stuck on the front wheel and making an annoying 'tick,tick tick'. HA! No trying to do it while moving and falling off for me, I'm no twonk.
Errr...instead what I'll do is forget the basket of eggs is there catch it swinging my leg over the back of the bike,fall over with the bike and several eggs all over the place and me while simultaneously trying to break my fall by putting my hand in a pile of dog shoot hidden in the long grass verge xx(

Ganymede

Veteran
A couple of entries:
Clipless moment on holiday at Centre Parcs. Move over to let a couple of cyclists coming the other way pass and take the 90 degree corner, oops, bit too sharp and I'm now losing balance a bit as I'm almost stopped, just unclip and put foot down. Problem here is there is a small fence type rail at exactly the same height as my foot which I'm now very close to from avoiding the oncoming cyclists, which stops me twisting foot enough to unclip and I slowly roll over the rail and end up on my back, clipped in with the bike on top of me.

Coming back from a local farm with a tray of eggs in the basket on the rack I stopped because a leaf was stuck on the front wheel and making an annoying 'tick,tick tick'. HA! No trying to do it while moving and falling off for me, I'm no twonk.
Errr...instead what I'll do is forget the basket of eggs is there catch it swinging my leg over the back of the bike,fall over with the bike and several eggs all over the place and me while simultaneously trying to break my fall by putting my hand in a pile of dog **** hidden in the long grass verge xx(
Epic.

Every time I click on this thread I feel a pleasurable thrill of anticipation. Does that make me a bad person?

Replacing both brake cables on a bike today.

Thinks: 'These cables are so long, have to cut so much off when fitting the front one. Should be shorter'

*starts threading rear cable*

'hang on…'

Not bikes but my brother did similar, got a carpet he'd ordered delivered, unrolled it part way and carefully cut out the hearth shape and a diddly bit where the gas pipe goes, unrolled the carpet the whole way and, oh goddammit.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Not bikes but my brother did similar, got a carpet he'd ordered delivered, unrolled it part way and carefully cut out the hearth shape and a diddly bit where the gas pipe goes, unrolled the carpet the whole way and, oh goddammit.

Done similar albeit less expensive -.that sick feeling you get 2 seconds later

turbopercy

A couple of entries:

Errr...instead what I'll do is forget the basket of eggs is there catch it swinging my leg over the back of the bike,fall over with the bike and several eggs all over the place and me while simultaneously trying to break my fall by putting my hand in a pile of dog **** hidden in the long grass verge xx(
That was so funny i just sprayed the mouthful of hobgoblin all over my brother in law

Ganymede

Veteran
Been on a road bike for 3 years. Bought a hybrid for 'family and friends' rides. Inflated wife's new bike and mine to 110psi. All tubes simultaneously exploded after 100 yards over a sharp bump. My mate from the military dived for the hedge and disappeared. All true.
I can see that vividly in my mind's eye. Classic.

i just sprayed the mouthful of hobgoblin all over my brother in law

now theres a sentance i never thought i would see :laugh:

Oldbloke

Guru
One summer evening at dusk, I was riding my MTB along a path alongside a shallow stream about 2 metres below.

I was hurrying so instead of dismounting and walking around some tree roots which narrowed the path by half, I sped up and jumped them. Landed too close to the edge, front wheel caught, slid down the steep bank and flipped me on my back into deep smelly slimey mud. Naturally I broke the bike's fall in the most painful spot.

Had to hobble home covered in crap, my teenaged sons, outside with their mates, were horrified with embarassment at my arrival.

Top Bottom