CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The National Trust have Nostell Priory at Wakefield, stopped off there today, cycle friendly, theres a rack to lock your bike to, decent coffee & a cracking flapjack :okay:

Yes, I've been in, on occasions
When I was fit enough (& thinner) to compete in the ParkRun, that takes place there, I'd sometimes go in afterwards
(PB there, is - I think, 21:44)

Plus, 'Senior Management' used to have an office in the 'Home Farm' business park, before buying her own premises, so we'd sometimes go there for dinner, if I visited her on my days-off

Café-Velo
NorthBar Within
Beverley

I didn't go it, as it was packed, & only found it whilst taking photographs
I also had to meet back up with wife & daughter

geocycle

Legendary Member
There’s so many! One of the most unusual is Katie’s Cuppas in Littondale. A DIY cafe with an honesty box. More standard cafes at Leighton Moss RSPB in Silverdale or the Wolf House Gallery in the same village are popular with cyclists.

Drago

Legendary Member
The Forest Cafe in Salcey Forest. Nit badly priced, beey generous portions, everything from a slice of cake and a brew to a full on nosh up. They used to cyclists traipsing about the place and locking their bikes to the tables outside etc, and they're cool with it.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Now then, Mr DCBassman, what this topic needs, if it's to remain useful in the long term, is an index post, like this one I maintain on the CTC forum for campsites: https://forum.cyclinguk.org/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=64440

If there isn't one, anyone looking for a cafe in a specific area will have to trawl through the whole thread, which will become more difficult as it gets longer and general chit-chat starts to get mixed in with the cafe suggestions, as is more or less inevitable.

If you agree with me, and are willing to take on the job, post your initial Brentor cafe to a new post, and change the contents of the initial post to the initial index post.
Alternatively, if someone else volunteers, post an index post, including a link to this topic, and ask a moderator to swap the stickiness.
If it's to be done, the sooner the better.

No, I'm not volunteering - I'm doing the campsite one.

Last edited:

andrew_s

Legendary Member
I'll happily do it. But I confess, your instructions have completely baffled me!
The first post in this topic is yours, so you can freely edit it, and change it from a cafe suggestion to an index post like my campsite one (there's not much point in an index that's not instantly findable as a first post).
However, if you go straight in and do so, the recommendation for the Brentnor cafe would be lost, so it would be best to re-post it beforehand.

The first post in this topic is yours, so you can freely edit it, and change it from a cafe suggestion to an index post like my campsite one (there's not much point in an index that's not instantly findable as a first post).
However, if you go straight in and do so, the recommendation for the Brentnor cafe would be lost, so it would be best to re-post it beforehand.
OK, will check it out later, don't want to screw it up!

The Forest Cafe in Salcey Forest. Nit badly priced, beey generous portions, everything from a slice of cake and a brew to a full on nosh up. They used to cyclists traipsing about the place and locking their bikes to the tables outside etc, and they're cool with it.

Was in there last week and unfortunately seems to not do the full range anymore, possibly due to winter but I think it’s changed hands

Nice coffee though

Last edited:

SuperHans123

Formerly known as snertos999
Fortes, Limeslade, Swansea. (Nr Mumbles Pier) (Great homemade cakes and lovely Lattes and Ice Creams in summer)
1575920220433.png

Attachments

• 1575819114080.png
    1575819114080.png
    407.4 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

straas

Matt
Eureka Café near Chester is a pretty nice one. Geared toward cyclists and is a good half way point between Manchester and Conwy.

Decent coffee, sandwiches, beans on toast etc.

Cash only though!

Top Bottom