CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davelincs

Another good coffee and cake stop on the Lincolnshire wolds
post and pantry ,doddington on bain
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?pb...PGMst6SdVSOmZO2xeSCc_nEBVD_sF8f29_LBG_&hl=en#

PaulSB

Legendary Member
For the Lancashire folk. Cobbled Corner in Chipping is still up for let/sale with no sign of opening. The FB page says reopening late March but there's no sign of activity whatsoever.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Found there is a very good "trailer cafe" (can't think of the words) at Glasson Dock yesterday. Ride straight in to GD towards the swing bridge and you can't miss it.

Mobile tea bar sort of thing.....

tinywheels

Über Member
there is only one stop for real cycling fans

:laugh:

Chislenko

Veteran
Stonehouse Farm B&B / Cafe. Manley near Frodsham, Cheshire.

Have passed this a few times and today decided this would be my cafe stop.

Great outdoor seating area, perfect for today's weather.

Good, unpretentious food and coffee at sensible prices. I had a toasted sausage and bacon sarnie and a coffee for £4.

Proper mug of coffee, none of this "in the vouge" stuff in wide cups that is cold before you get it.

Note, cafe is cash only, which to be fair suits me.

Would highly recommend a visit if cycling in the area.

RoMeR

Über Member

Good, unpretentious food and coffee at sensible prices. I had a toasted sausage and bacon sarnie and a coffee for £4.

Proper mug of coffee, none of this "in the vouge" stuff in wide cups that is cold before you get it.

Sounds just like the Boathouse Cafe at Beeston Marina in Nottingham, good food & coffee at great prices. Attracts many local cyclists as they pass through the nature reserve riverside path, but the main thing is the welcome from the owner,Tony.

Fantastic place and even a open sided barn for shelter. BUT 😉
Our girls complain the sarnies arenty cut in half... I just fold them in two for a club Sandwich vibe...

GuyBoden

Guru

Here on the map: https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.2447258,-2.7288265,16z

We've tried to go here before but the opening hours seem a bit random ? And this was before Covid. Any idea what hours they keep now ?

Chislenko

Veteran
We've tried to go here before but the opening hours seem a bit random ? And this was before Covid. Any idea what hours they keep now ?

Didn't notice the opening hours cougie.

I was there about 11 am on Wednesday and there was a steady trade. Am thinking of doing pretty much the same ride tomorrow (Waverton,Tarvin,Kelsall,Delamere etc) so will probably be going back there for my bacon buttie!

I'll post up the times if I do end up there.

Didn't notice the opening hours cougie.

I was there about 11 am on Wednesday and there was a steady trade. Am thinking of doing pretty much the same ride tomorrow (Waverton,Tarvin,Kelsall,Delamere etc) so will probably be going back there for my bacon buttie!

I'll post up the times if I do end up there.

Cheers. It was one of our Sunday rides so we would have been there early morning. Lots of options on your ride tomorrow. Kelsall cycles, the new cafe in Tarporley, new visitor centre in Delamere etc. 👍

Top Bottom