CycleChatters' Cafe Recommendation Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
The Village Shop in Hollins Green, Cheshire. This is a Community Village Shop which offers good coffee, cake, parties, pies and sandwiches. It's not a cafe but is a good value stop for hungry cyclists. To me knowledge there isn't anything else in the area so we were glad to stumble across it. It's not a place for groups, I think they might find more than four a bit overwhelming.

It's also a great example of how a small village shop should be stocked and run. They have it 100% nailed. That it is a community run shop makes it, for me, all the more interesting.

At Fountains Coffee Shop, Odiham, Hants they do a great Bread & Butter pudding. They didn't have any last week and I was miffed. The Vic Sponge and (gluten free) jam free frangipan sponge aren't half as good.

carpiste

Guru
Best cafe I came accross was at Lake Vyrnwy, N Wales. It`s a great place to ride (11 miles flat around) and the coffee is great but the cake is superb! They also have a lot of craft stuff to peruse and there is a RSPB shop opposite which is nice to visit.
Both are situated at the dam head. Lots of parking too if you`re putting your bike on the rack to get there.

Only went there once Neil, found it a bit expensive.
£5 for toast and jam and a large latte, not quite Yvonne's at Connah's Quay or Tarvin Sands for price obviously.

johnblack

Über Member
On a bike ride round the Chilterns yesterday I popped in to a pub called the Spire and Spoke in Watlington, very nice bike friendly place, plenty of cakes on offer plus a good selection of beers and wood fired pizzas that were ready within 5 minutes of ordering.

Top Bottom