CycleChatters in the Bible

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
And there is even one from our very own redjedi:

Who of you by worrying can add a singlespeed to his own life?
Luke 12:25

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
Yellow Fang said:
Job 34,v33
Should it be according to thy mind? he will recompense it, whether thou refuse, or whether thou choose; and not I: therefore speak what thou knowest.

Spookily, this bit came just before the verses Helen quoted in the OP, and I only picked it at random. I found Job the most impenetrable book when I read the whole OT during a religious phase as a teenager.

Not surprised if you red that version. KJ/Authorised has got to be pretty impenetrable whichever book you read.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
atbman said:
In the beginning, God created The Bicycle and saw that it was good. then he thought "There is nowhere for me to ride it". And that, Oh Best Beloved, is why he created the Earth
You're mixing up the Good Book and Rudyard Kipling's "Just So" stories here, I think.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
BrumJim said:
Not surprised if you red that version. KJ/Authorised has got to be pretty impenetrable whichever book you read.

Impenetrable but more poetic. I went to a wedding recently where someone read out a passage from Corinthians about faith, hope and love; and about looking in an imperfect mirror. When I looked it up in the KJ bible it talked about faith, hope and charity; and looking through a glass darkly, which just seems betterer.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Yellow Fang said:
When I looked it up in the KJ bible it talked about faith, hope and charity; and looking through a glass darkly, which just seems betterer.
I'll admit to not liking the modern versions of such things at all - seems to rob the text of its majesty.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Now waffly, you'll set Jim off again...

wafflycat

Mark 8:6

He told the audax crowd to sit down on the ground. When he had taken the seven loaves and given thanks, he broke them and gave them to the audaxers to eat before they bonked, and they did so and were fuelled once more.

Top Bottom