Cyclelane Glasgow - anyone had experience of them?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm looking at a bike being sold online by Cyclelane in Glasgow. They're the only retailer with it at a discounted price and in stock.

Does anyone have experience of using them?

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
is it a shop in Cambuslang..?

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
''...193 Clarkston Road, Cathcart...''

i've been in that one - but some time ago looking for a hybrid
recommended me a Kona IIRC
nice selection - quite knowledgeable

but bought a TREK from ''Behind Bars'' up street - now closed

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I'm looking at a bike being sold online by Cyclelane in Glasgow. They're the only retailer with it at a discounted price and in stock.

Does anyone have experience of using them?

It's been there for a few years now, I used to commute past it (I still pass fairly near it these days). My only involvement with it was riding home one night my rear light failed so I'd started walking. A cyclist passing me came back to ask what the problem was and, since he was heading past where I live, offered to stick to my back wheel until I got home. Turned out he was the shop owner. I went into his shop the next day and bought a light from him as a thank you (with 10% discount). They seem a decent bunch.

GC

lesley_x

Über Member
Personally, not for me. Been into EK when I was buying my cyclocross and found them quite pushy and didn't really listen to what I was saying. I'm sure it would be mechanically sound though and you'd get a good bike but their sales pitch didn't do it for me.

GBC

Veteran
I live very close to them but wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Went in a while back looking for a 28 sprocket for the cassette and was told that I couldn't dismantle a cassette, and then started to argue quite agressively with me when I told him I'd already done it. Got the sprocket later online. A week earlier my son (22yrs) had been in looking for a cone spanner and was told that it was a special tool not available to the public.

Now, I just go 500 yards up the road to the Clarkston Cycle Centre who I find very helpful.

OP
OP
DCLane

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Thanks all - @GBC @lesley_x @glasgowcyclist @Brandane @John the Canuck @GlasgowGaryH

This was for a 2013 model [Felt F95 Junior] - and I've found the 2014 model at another 15% less, so I'll pass this time, although if the retailer I've ordered it from is out of stock I'll be back to them.

Last edited:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Personally, not for me. Been into EK when I was buying my cyclocross and found them quite pushy and didn't really listen to what I was saying. I'm sure it would be mechanically sound though and you'd get a good bike but their sales pitch didn't do it for me.

I live very close to them but wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Went in a while back looking for a 28 sprocket for the cassette and was told that I couldn't dismantle a cassette, and then started to argue quite agressively with me when I told him I'd already done it. Got the sprocket later online. A week earlier my son (22yrs) had been in looking for a cone spanner and was told that it was a special tool not available to the public.

Now, I just go 500 yards up the road to the Clarkston Cycle Centre who I find very helpful.

Leave we'll alone the one in Cathcart. Go to Halfords you be treated with respect

I obviously caught them on an off-day!

GC

Top Bottom