Cycleop Fluid2 help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FitzyCyprus

Hi, since the lockdown I have been doing training using the GCN uploads. They have been great but because I haven't' got the sensor on my cycleops I can't connect to my garmin watch or use a tracker programme. I am trying to buy the correct products but I am a bit confused as to what I need. I am fairly new to roadbikes and completely new to the bike trainer.
Any advice or information would be really helpful. Many thanks

CXRAndy

Guru
Which programs are going to use Zwift etc?

Ideally a power meter, speed and cadence sensor, also heart rate sensor. Most are Ant+ which is the most common way to connect to a laptop PC. Some are dual Ant+and Bluetooth, so popular.
Wahoo do the Tickr HR and Blue SC combination speed/cadence

If using PC you will need an Ant+ dongle so it connects all sensors

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Just a word of warning about dongles. Make sure the dongle is Ant+ (Plus) if using Ant+. There are some dongles still floating around that are only Ant protocol. These will not work correctly.

Ant+ dongles can be found for as little as £10 but with long delivery times. Check availability.

Decathlon do a speed and cadence sensor pair and Heart Rate Monitor fairly cheaply.

Zwift supports Fluid2 trainer. Zwift hardware requirements

Fans, big fug off shiny ones. A fan is a must when indoor training. You overheat very quickly as there is little to no air movement. Get a 12 or even better 18 inch fan.

OP
OP
F

FitzyCyprus

Which programs are going to use Zwift etc?

Ideally a power meter, speed and cadence sensor, also heart rate sensor. Most are Ant+ which is the most common way to connect to a laptop PC. Some are dual Ant+and Bluetooth, so popular.
Wahoo do the Tickr HR and Blue SC combination speed/cadence

If using PC you will need an Ant+ dongle so it connects all sensors

I was planning on zwift it seems popular, doesn't matter what make of sensor?

OP
OP
F

FitzyCyprus

Just a word of warning about dongles. Make sure the dongle is Ant+ (Plus) if using Ant+. There are some dongles still floating around that are only Ant protocol. These will not work correctly.

Ant+ dongles can be found for as little as £10 but with long delivery times. Check availability.

Decathlon do a speed and cadence sensor pair and Heart Rate Monitor fairly cheaply.

Zwift supports Fluid2 trainer. Zwift hardware requirements

Fans, big fug off shiny ones. A fan is a must when indoor training. You overheat very quickly as there is little to no air movement. Get a 12 or even better 18 inch fan.

Ha ha thanks for the fan advice, I am in Cyprus and it is getting warm now, all the windows open. I will have a look at your suggestions and requirements. Many thanks

Top Bottom