Cycleops Trainer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

OldManGraham

I've just bought this off fleabay, good bit of kit apparently,I need a cadence meter, or maybe even an ant+dongle to assist me, can anyone make this look simpler than it is, I've no idea whatsoever, and that's before its even arrived, cheers.

si_c

Guru
Depends what you want to do with it. If you are looking to start using a virtual training platform such as Zwift from your computer, then you need an Ant+ dongle compatible with that computer (they are about a tenner) and you can install the training software and then pair the trainer up with the app. It looks like it already reports power output so you can use it immediately without a cadence sensor.

It doesn't let the app control the trainer though so you wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the features of the training apps.

If you just want to plug it in and ride it then you don't need anything at all it looks like. Would probably be worth downloading the manual from the Saris website and reading it for further information.

OP
OP
OldManGraham

OldManGraham

Depends what you want to do with it. If you are looking to start using a virtual training platform such as Zwift from your computer, then you need an Ant+ dongle compatible with that computer (they are about a tenner) and you can install the training software and then pair the trainer up with the app. It looks like it already reports power output so you can use it immediately without a cadence sensor.

It doesn't let the app control the trainer though so you wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the features of the training apps.

If you just want to plug it in and ride it then you don't need anything at all it looks like. Would probably be worth downloading the manual from the Saris website and reading it for further information.
Thanks, cant wait to get started.

Top Bottom