Cycling Across Canada 09 - Looking for Buddy!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyfromotley

olihaydon said:
I know I know it's a little forward just asking for a female partner, but the idea of this post and many others is to find somebody who's interested in the idea and is free for 2/3rd of 2009, It's not as if once they say they like the idea I won't see them until Day 1 of the cycle, I just don't want to write essays on who I am and stuff until I find someone who shares the same interest as me for this trip. I have profiles all over the place, on Mangotree, myspace, facebook, www.olihaydon.com and I'm happy to talk to anyone who's interested...

...and as for the bear comment...that's just not helpful at all really? is it?

x

hmmmmmmmmnnn,

i am sure that youre a beautiful human being and all that stuff about the universe really worked for me.

gosh getting laid seems difficult for these young folk nowadays.;)

andy

LLB

Kirstie said:
Wouldn't matter if either of them were male or female. You all taste the same to a bear...

Girls are made of sugar and spice (apparently)

LLB

Cathryn said:
You can be big and brave and protect your female riding partner, and then she'll fall in love with you, fly into your arms and you can cycle off into the sunset together!

I'm so excited for you!

That sounds like a plan ;)

I'm actually being serious about the bear! You need to learn about them if you're cycling across Canada. They are a common sight and (depending on what kind - you need to learn to identify them) can be a very serious threat to your safety, especially if they have young with them. Same goes for cougars, but they say if you see one, it's too late - you're probably going to be dinner.

I'll add that I have toured and wilderness camped in the BC interior, BC coast, vancouver island and southern ontario.

skmc1955

My wife and I were in Banff in april 2006, 2 days after we left a cyclist was dragged off his bike by a bear just outside the railway station, luckily he was saved by 2 cyclists who happened to be passing and saw his bike in the road!

yello

skmc1955 said:
luckily he was saved by 2 cyclists who happened to be passing and saw his bike in the road!

"saved"... how exactly? Not sure I'd fancy my chances saving anyone from a bear!

skmc1955

apparently they drove it off with sticks and rocks, then one stayed with him while the other rode off to get help. I know which job I,d have chosen! google "Banff bear attack" for the story onCTV.ca

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
Kirstie said:
I'm actually being serious about the bear! You need to learn about them if you're cycling across Canada. They are a common sight and (depending on what kind - you need to learn to identify them) can be a very serious threat to your safety, especially if they have young with them. Same goes for cougars, but they say if you see one, it's too late - you're probably going to be dinner.

I'll add that I have toured and wilderness camped in the BC interior, BC coast, vancouver island and southern ontario.

I did wonder about yer man describing your bear post as "not helpful". It's glaringly obvious that they are a serious factor which has to be taken into account and I believe that the least one should do is take something along with which one can make a loud noise as this can scare them off. Perhaps he'll just deal with them by telling them that they're being not helpful.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Andy in Sig said:
I did wonder about yer man describing your bear post as "not helpful". It's glaringly obvious that they are a serious factor which has to be taken into account and I believe that the least one should do is take something along with which one can make a loud noise as this can scare them off. Perhaps he'll just deal with them by telling them that they're being not helpful.

perhaps he'll throw the female companion to the bear and make his escape:evil:

OP
OP
O

olihaydon

I haven't done and runner and I am aware the dangers associated with bears...I just sitting here enjoying the discussion thats going on as I wait for someone to accept the challenge.

Oh and it will probably be 4 of us now, 2 guys 2 girls, I think I may have found the other guy and one of the girls...

x

Top Bottom