Cycling active/plus on the tablet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Does anybody buy this for their tablet rather than buy the magazine and whats it like in tablet form??

Thanks

Pauln

Last time I looked at it on my ipad it was just like looking at a pdf copy, it was clear enough, you had to zoom in and our for various bits, but it took no advantage of the electronic medium. No videos no clever menus. I was very disappointed.

D

Deleted member 22722

Also, Cycling Active on the iPad is free if you subscribe to the print edition. Cycling Plus is not.

I personaly prefer the print edition and find it easier to read. As they are just pdf versions of the print edition you find you have to keep zooming in and out to read it. If the electronic versions were offered at a lower price point than the print edition my views may change.

I've read some great magazines on the iPad that are designed for the electronic medium and done well they are fantastic and offer much more. I'd be prepared to pay a little more for a dedicated iPad version of my favourite magazines if they were done in this way and offered interactivity and embedded video reviews etc.

Pauln

I agree with Alexis completely. I subscribe to Cycling News HD on the iPad and that is very well put together. The other magazine that I had a trial subscription to was Cyclist and their electronic version is superb.

Top Bottom