Cycling and six-packs

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh wheels

Lycra king
Can cycling alone give you a six-pack? I have being really getting in the miles in lately and, being a vain narcissist, I have been observing what may be the start of a six-pack growing on my stomach. If this continues, I'm looking forward to going to the beach in the summer!^_^

Tangoup51

I'm not too in-depth with fitness related things, but I know that everyone has a "six pack" it's just usually buried under the fat, so in theory, yes. - Perhaps someone could correct me if my explanation is not accurate, but I believe it is.

Though i'm sure if you worked with certain exercises to work your muscles down there, all while cycling to burn the fat and make them more visible you'd get em!!

Last edited:

S-Express

Cycling doesn't really work the abdominal muscles in any meaningful sense, so no - and even if it did work them, it would be unlikely to work them sufficiently to create the kind of overload needed for hypertrophy.

If you are losing body fat though, the muscles you have may well be appearing as 'more visible', although that's not the same thing really.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
Look at all the pros unzipping in the mountains. No six packs despite 5-6 % body fat. Sure they have enough core strength to do what they do but any excess muscle will only slow them down or get used as fuel.

Drago

Legendary Member
If I clench my stomach muscles really, really hard, I almost still don't have a six pack.

S-Express

Michael Rasmussen - nuff said.

6a00d83451575069e20192abe7c42e970d-320wi.png

thecube

most of us probably have six-packs, but they are usually hidden by a layer of fat! So, do any endurance sport and it will increase the likelihood of revealing your abs! I suppose you are working a little on core stability as you ride too, so this will help. But i'm over 40, I assume I will never see mine again!

Top Bottom