Cycling around the world new record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I think he did it to break the record. And as an aside raised some cash for charities.

One stone, two birds.
Well done.

Keith Oates

Janner
Dave5N said:
Exactly! He did it for him (which is fine if you're upfront about it), not for charity!

If he tried to raise a few bob the slightly easier way 'most people' would have chosen, the Charities would be a bit better off now.

Not sure I follow that reasoning, Dave!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Not quite sure what your point is about all of this, Dave5n.

'Good man' is used as an expression around here as another means of saying 'well done', not as a direct statement that he is, literally a 'good man'.

To illustrate: I tell my Dad I managed a 32 minute homeward journey time, he says "Good man !"

It was in that sense that I used the phrase, though I can tell from your responses that you're of the impression that I'm canonizing the guy - which I'm not. Well done to him for doing it, and for raising the money too. What's so wrong with what he's done ? (apart from you sounding a little jealous that he was able to have the free time to do it)

snorri

Legendary Member
Dave5N said:
Because he can afford to jack his job in and ride his bike for a bit? Wish I could!

I think there are few people could look back on their lives and say that they could not have afforded to take 7-8 months out of a lifetime of employment.
Few of us however have the guts to make the decision to take that 7-8 months out.:biggrin:

Top Bottom