Cycling around the world new record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Read that....fast food diet slowed him down in places ....bet it did !!

Noodley

He comes from near where I live, and I have been following his progress on the web since he set off - I have spoken to a few people who know him and he has a tale or 1000 to be told!

An amazing adventure. Well done to him.

:ohmy:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
"He endured floods and road rage, and was knocked off his bike ... by an elderly motorist who drove through a red light."

That bit read more like a normal days commuting...

Abitrary

Noodley said:
He comes from near where I live, and I have been following his progress on the web since he set off - I have spoken to a few people who know him and he has a tale or 1000 to be told!

An amazing adventure. Well done to him.

:thumbsup:

It is, especially when you think that it's not far off what tour de france riders do, over a longer period of time...

The main battle is the lonely psychological one though. The bloke has balls of steel.

Jaded

BJB said:
It was the first item on the BBC Scotland news tonight which in itself is a bit of a milestone :thumbsup:

Pah! If I'd have thought about it I could have watched that way down here in the deep Sought, on satellite.

Kudos to him.

I sense a framing opportunity. What will he do with the hard bits, when they have fallen off his arse?

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
As usual, the usual anti-cycling nutters have been having snide digs at him every time hes been mentioned in the Edinburgh Evening News since last August...

Good man though - a positive cycling story and the lead item on the Scottish news as well as being near the top of the BBC TV & radio news :thumbsup:

Dave5N

Über Member
goo_mason said:
As usual, the usual anti-cycling nutters have been having snide digs at him every time hes been mentioned in the Edinburgh Evening News since last August...

Good man though - a positive cycling story and the lead item on the Scottish news as well as being near the top of the BBC TV & radio news :thumbsup:

Why is he a good man? Because he can afford to jack his job in and ride his bike for a bit? Wish I could!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Because he dared to try and he succeeded, and made a lot of money for charity on the process.

Most people would choose a slightly easier way to raise a few bob than do what he did !

Dave5N

Über Member
goo_mason said:
Because he dared to try and he succeeded, and made a lot of money for charity on the process.

Most people would choose a slightly easier way to raise a few bob than do what he did !

Exactly! He did it for him (which is fine if you're upfront about it), not for charity!

If he tried to raise a few bob the slightly easier way 'most people' would have chosen, the Charities would be a bit better off now.

Top Bottom