cycling buddy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was wondering if someone has used the website cyclingbuddy.com or similar. what it is i just starting riding again after illness and would like to cycle with someone to help keep my motivation up etc and i can't do the mileage that cycling clubs do. i don't know anyone that cycles really.

what do people think of the above sites.

inkd

I was thinking about this for the better weather. I work weekends so most club runs is out for me so Fridays are the only day open for me, was looking at posting up on sky ride as they do cycle buddies. I will have a look at the one you said.

TeeShot

Veteran
I registered with cycle buddy but didn't take it any further. Once registered if you go to "find a buddy" and type in your postcode you get a list of people who live close by. I think you can then email them and take it from there.....

Globalti

Legendary Member
In cycling as in any sport, a good buddy with whom you are compatible is worth their weight in gold. It's not just a question of finding someone with the same strength and level of fitness, which is important to avoid frustration for the faster rider; you also need to get on, to know and trust each other out on the road and have similar interests and backgrounds. A good time-keeper for meeting up for rides is also worth finding!

Yesterday my buddy of about 4 years' standing crashed and wrecked his new bike. He's not the most practical person so while he's recovering at home with bad bruising I've been busy enquiring about a replacement bike and badgering him to get onto his insurers because I know him well enough to know that if I don't push him, he will procrastinate and I'll be stuck without a valued buddy for several weeks. So there's self-interest at work here!

Top Bottom