England : London Cycling Club in/near Leyton?

Discussion in 'Cycling Clubs' started by James D, 22 Jul 2012.

1. James D

James D Active Member

Hi All,

I'm currently living in Leyton (East London) and am looking for a cycling club in the area. Does anyone belong to or could recommend one to me? I'm not into racing but do regular 100k+ rides and this summer have done a couple of sportives.

Thanks in advance

2. Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

The lea valley cc meet in highams park
    Redbridge cc unfortunately meet in Epping
    Crest aren't too far away

Can't comment on any of them as I'm not a member, but I've been looking lately

All of them have a website

3. Lee_M

Lee_M Veteran

Should have said, I'm in Wanstead near the green man roundabout, but not up to 100k!

4. Big T

Big T Veteran

My son lives just up the road in Leytonstone and he rides out with the CC Hackney. Eagle Road Club aren't that far away either in South Woodford, I beleive. Or get yourself up to Hog Hill and have a word with some of the club people up there.

5. subaqua

subaqua What’s the point

go up to hog hill as BigT says. lots of clubs go there. you might have to wait till after the lympics tho as i beleive its closed to the public for the duration

6. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Where are Crest CC now? I was a member in the late 70's and the early 90's.Unfortunately shift work put paid to that.Used to meet near Martins Mart bike shop in the 70's and Redbridge in the 90's.

Ooops old thread.Sorry.

Last edited: 14 Jul 2015
  7. Lonestar

Lonestar Veteran

Saw a Crest CC Member on Saturday @ Waterloo and had a chat.:okay:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice