Cycling clubs = Snobs.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
Jeez, there are 7.4 billion people in the world and you get in a hissy fit because 0.000000000094% didn't acknowledge you based on the point you were all cycling ?

What ever you do dont go to a super market and buy sausages, because other people there will also have sausages, the same as you ... And they arnt going to feel the need to acknowledge this ... Oooh look we both have sausages, lets wave at each other

Mind you, has it crossed your mind that maybe you are the problem not them ?? ... I mean there has to be reason why you are riding alone and no one wants to acknowledge you ? ... Perhaps it's time to look at yourself in that metaphorical mirror ;)
Well, maybe not sausages. Cucumbers, on the other hand... ;)

Kominic

Regular
You're new here aren't you!

Technically. But only until I'm unbanned from the Daily Mail.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Lamentably, the same thing has happened with Land Rovers as has happened with cycling. When I used to drive a proper square Land Rover 90 I would acknowledge other drivers of proper Land Rovers with an almost imperceptible raise of one finger off the steering wheel, enough to say "I see you matey, you're one of MY tribe! Strong, true and free!" Nowadays there are all kind of pseudo Land Rovers on the road that don't even have a proper CHASSIS (spits) or transfer box (holds head in shame) but a poxy monocoque bodyshell, lots of plastic and (shudders) electronic gizmos to control the power to each wheel. Drivers of these vehicles are too common and too numerous to greet as part of the special LR tribe, they just buy a LR for the brand and will never venture off road.

bozmandb9

Insert witty title here
Sometimes I find solo cyclists, or utility cyclists don't return my wave either. I therefore conclude that all cyclists are (s)nobs!

In fact, very occasionally, I might be pre-occupied, and not respond to others, at least not in time for them to see it, so I must be too!

I can see how you might think this but he doesn't have any shop windows to see himself in in his own road.
Actually Apple are thinking of opening a store near me to celebrate my awesomeness.

Yazzoo

I find club riders (or perhaps people who are non-club but riding a road bike, in lycra, for a hobby) are more likely to wave than those who use their bikes merely for transport, commute, shopping etc. I, in full lycra and road bike, have waved at a lady on the other side of the road on a pashley just because we were both cyclists and she looked quite alarmed!

I used to drive an old spitfire and on the rare occasion we came across another there was a normal 'bus driver style' nod or gentle wave of acknowledgement - it could have been more of a compassionate 'i feel your pain of garage bills' kind of nod actually, it's hard to tell

Top Bottom