Cycling community is the best

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rickh01

Über Member
I'am still in my eyes very new to road cycling. And have been astounded with the help I have received on here with questions and problems when they have arisen. I have also mentioned that when I stopped a few months ago to mess about with my new saddle 2 cyclists stopped to see if I was ok or needed help. Well today was my turn I saw 2 cyclists by the road with one bike upside down. I stopped to see if everything was fine. It turned out he had two punctures in the day. And they both had used the inner tubes. Carrying no repair kit though. I luckily had both and being only 20 mile from home gave him my Spare inner tube . He was grateful and took my number and address saying he would replace it. Thinking nothing of it and proud as punch being a newbie to cycling I helped someone else for a change... Home and out shopping with the wife to return to a new inner tube and note thanking me for my help earlier on........ Road biking has not ceased to amaze me since taking it up how helpful and friendly people really are...............................

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I'am still in my eyes very new to road cycling. And have been astounded with the help I have received on here with questions and problems when they have arisen. I have also mentioned that when I stopped a few months ago to mess about with my new saddle 2 cyclists stopped to see if I was ok or needed help. Well today was my turn I saw 2 cyclists by the road with one bike upside down. I stopped to see if everything was fine. It turned out he had two punctures in the day. And they both had used the inner tubes. Carrying no repair kit though. I luckily had both and being only 20 mile from home gave him my Spare inner tube . He was grateful and took my number and address saying he would replace it. Thinking nothing of it and proud as punch being a newbie to cycling I helped someone else for a change... Home and out shopping with the wife to return to a new inner tube and note thanking me for my help earlier on........ Road biking has not ceased to amaze me since taking it up how helpful and friendly people really are...............................
Good work there from both of you. When it comes to tubes, I'm of the ''what comes around, goes around'' school. So I'd just give him the spare - or mend the punctured one if I'm going to be covering any distance and might need the spare as insurance - and tell them to keep it - they might need it for someone else later on.

OP
OP
rickh01

rickh01

Über Member
Good work there from both of you. When it comes to tubes, I'm of the ''what comes around, goes around'' school. So I'd just give him the spare - or mend the punctured one if I'm going to be covering any distance and might need the spare as insurance - and tell them to keep it - they might need it for someone else later on.
I was the same as you, but he insisted and put it in his iPhone..... I left thinking nothing of it... And was surprised to see the new tube and note. Because I didn't take his details it was only an inner tube none the less.. So he wherever he was from must of cone out and brought it straight away

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
Its nice to help out . I had to work Saturday morning and was grumpy seeing all the cyclists heading to box hill . I drove past three lads trying to inflate a rear wheel with a tiny pump and thought " thats his ride messed up with a low pressure tyre " Then i remembered i had a track pump in the van from my last tt .
I stopped and said i bet you wish you had one of these waving the track pump and drove off:laugh:
I didnt really ^_^ I stopped and let them borrow it :okay:

Top Bottom