Cycling death in Italy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not sure where this should go, but it's such a tragedy that I think it should be out in the open...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...data-scientist-killed-in-cycle-crash-in-italy

Hopefully it won't get derailed by the h31met debatists, or moved into politics or advocacy. Such a genuinely awful accident to put an end to a promising young life.

I like some holiday cycling as much as the next person and Italy is a beautiful place for it so a timely reminder of what can and does sometimes go wrong, even as we enjoy ourselves in the sunshine.

With holiday season in full swing take care of yourselves folks :sad:

classic33

Leg End Member
She made it through covid to die on holiday.

DogmaStu

Tragic.

She was out gravel biking and died descending a steep trail section apparently.

Many off-road trails are potentially dangerous in hilly/mountainous regions; there are no safety barriers and long drops.

I’ve ridden many loose gravel trails in Spain and Portugal where you descend very quickly but if you go over the edge, it’s a very long fall into the valley below! The impact from those heights will be severe. Safety attire only helps to a degree, no different to people dying in a car crash despite airbags. We can’t protect ourselves from every accident. These are risks we take when riding.

I’ll be gravel biking in Slovakia’s mountains end September, no doubt I’ll recall this poor woman’s fate when descending trails. 😟

Top Bottom