1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cycling doesn’t harm male sexual health.

Discussion in 'Training, Fitness and Health' started by Cycleops, 12 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Alan O

Alan O Über Member

I hope my wife doesn't find out - it would be my last excuse gone :rolleyes:

2. cosmicbike

cosmicbike Perhaps This One.....

Well I should be alright then after 17 years of marriage:laugh:

3. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

I ride and I'm single. I blame the biking.

4. Drago

Drago Guru

It compromised my sexual health when I was commuting in shorts and got my bits tangled up in the chainset. Thanks to swift medical intervention I recoverd fairly well, but I now have a ten position indexed erection.

Seriously though (not like me!) I've been very fortunate and never really suffered numb bits or owt like that.

5. Jason

Jason Well-Known Member

I've been called numb nuts by a driver,but he had sped away before i could check and say no,all good thanks

6. OP
    OP
    Cycleops

Cycleops Veteran

I wonder if that’s how @numbnuts got his name.

Jason likes this.
  7. MontyVeda

MontyVeda a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

Did any 'experts' ever conclude that riding a horse could be bad for male sexual health... or was it just silly cyclists?

Last edited: 13 Jan 2018
    TinyMyNewt likes this.
  8. Welsh wheels

Welsh wheels Lycra king

This is good news....have to admit those Kevlar shorts are starting to chafe a bit.

Drago, Cycleops and dave r like this.
  9. Maenchi

Maenchi StoneDog

Always been an urban myth, only the next time some bloke makes a joke about saddle height or the saddle being slim and then says 'do you have any kids ?' i'm going to say 'yes'..... I don't, but that is another story........crazy how it gets perpetuated though innit ?

Cycleops likes this.
  10. normgow

normgow Über Member

A few years ago an Italian professor came out with a report stating that cycling could cause impotence. Mario Cippolini suggested the professor send his wife and daughter to him for a good seeing to and no more was heard from the professor.

11. Does this include 'Self-love'

Asking for a friend !!!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

dave r and Profpointy like this.
  12. MichaelW2

MichaelW2 Über Member

One previous scare story involved a comparison between a group of elite level professional MTBers and a group of everyday casual commuter riders in Austria. The pro rider spent 6hrs+ hammering down slopes every day, and the commuters pootled about 2x30mins per day. When picked up by the press the study was warped into cyclists vs non cyclists which is most definately was not.

Cycleops likes this.
  13. Fenrider

Fenrider Is't far you ride?

I never doubted it! :rolleyes:

Cycleops likes this.
  14. haulfan

haulfan New Member

Quite a relief I suppose given many conflicting reports! All I can tell you is that a two to three hour bike ride certainly gets the heart pumping and improves the circulation! Very much a plus point during this wintry spell.

dave r likes this.
  15. postman

postman Legendary Member

Brilliant news my mate told me he was having sex at 72.Now he says he will introduced himself to the widows at numbers 74 and 76.

mjr, Alan O and Blue Hills like this.