Cycling Down?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I find my own observations are more reliable than possibly biased reports in the media (you never know who commisioned what story, or what angle they want to portray..whatever the story).
All i know is, in Peterborough in my case, is there are more cyclists than say 5years ago.
There are more guys commuting on roadbikes...i used to think i was the ONLY one a few years ago.
There are more people i talk to who are considering commuting by bike...people that never considered it before.
The LBS says sales are good....although in my experience, if you ask how someones business (any business, not just cycling) is going....they'll tell you they're busy.
The trouble is, i know from experience that often companies may not be being entirely truthfull, rather portraying the right image. It's not good to tell potential customers your'e doing cr@p, even if it's not your fault.

I think the credit crunch and cost of fuel is making people look at ways of cutting back...a bikes a great way of saving money, let alone the health benefits.

By the same token, it's depressing to see how many driver's hav'nt changed their 'foot to the floor' mentality, despite the cost of fuel.

Top Bottom