Cycling Facilities at Work

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Howdo all...
Iwork for a very large company up in north wales and we have recently started a bug ( bicycle users group) in work too address some issues.... so just wondering what equipment other people have at their workplaces... been looking at the viability of having showers/changing/drying rooms in purpose fitted portacabins so no factory space is then needed for these.. plus they can then be located right next too the bike sheds... does anyone have anything like this at their workplace??

paul...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
We have great facilties.
8 showers (4 men, 4 women)
Towels provided and cleaned everyday
Watered down shampoo provided if you like that as well.
Space for changing.
Space for shoes
Space for hanging clothes with hangers provided.
*rant start* Space on the floor for a c*** to leave his dirty underwear (he then puts it on in the afternoon) *rant over*
Lockers and a separate clothes rack for suits.

Norm

gaz said:
*rant start* Space on the floor for a c*** to leave his dirty underwear (he then puts it on in the afternoon) *rant over*
Ewwww

Bet he won't want to put them back on if "someone" gets them wet every afternoon. :smile:

Have showers only for the last few years.I have been there 21 years.Bike racks over the last few years though but their location takes up at least twenty minutes of my day.Used to lock them up in the locker room but the managers never liked this.Bike rack is crap but better than nothing.Locker,had it since I transferred there in Feb 89.

madguern

We have no racks for bikes or showers etc .... so we all smell at work and stuff drips on the hangers. The front of the building on a good cycling day looks terrible with about 10 bikes piled in a corner !

So .... I have to ride to my parents who happen to live 4 mins away and have a quick wash and lock the bike in their garage. There is no interest at work to do anything for cyclists as we are the minority. Only three of us cycle on a regular basis, other would but say there are no facilities to do so. Classic chicken egg issue !

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Ours are pretty good- plenty of cycle racks although they's a bit crap/ wobbly and scratch my lovely bike's paintwork. Decent lockers. Two showers for fellas (and I assume 2 for the girls though I haven't yet ventured in there to find out). I've discovered there's one bloke though who never cleans/rinses the shower after he's been in there so I try to get in before the lazy sod (the cubicle looks like he's been wrestling with a balding gorilla).

Brains

Legendary Member
City Office:

Cycle racks for 40 bikes
In a covered bike cage
CCTV
5 x unisex showers
Fluffy white towels
Lockers
shoe racks
Very basic drying facilities (but ask IT nicely and they put stuff in the server room)
Suit/Shirt service (£2 per shirt washed, ironed, hung and delivered)
£1 cyclists breakfast (porrage, banana, tost, cereals etc)

Great facilities for us too. Although they are necessary for the job I do anyway, its a bonus to be able to use them after cycling in. Same applies to lockers etc.

Secure bike parking is one thing that has been introduced, which I think was mainly on H&S grounds. The place was getting a bit cluttered with the increase in bikes being used to commute.

No bike rack, a shower that I don't think anybody has used for years although it is run regularly in case of legionella, no changing facilities unless you count the shower room and no drying room. So I don't ride in as it is quicker to walk by the time I have got the bike out of the garage ridden it there and locked it up again.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Ours is called TWUG (two wheel user group) because BUG (building user group) was already taken... but this has the added advantage of incorporating motorcycle users.

we have lockers, showers, bike racks, drying room. and we are just setting up a TWUG site on the company infonet for safety info etc.

buggi

Bird Saviour
Brains said:
City Office:

Cycle racks for 40 bikes
In a covered bike cage
CCTV
5 x unisex showers
Fluffy white towels
Lockers
shoe racks
Very basic drying facilities (but ask IT nicely and they put stuff in the server room)
Suit/Shirt service (£2 per shirt washed, ironed, hung and delivered)
£1 cyclists breakfast (porrage, banana, tost, cereals etc)

FLUFFY TOWELS :smile: OMG i am so raising this at the next TWUG meeting!

Top Bottom