cycling family and impaitient driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
GrasB said:
That's rather irresponsible driving there but I wouldn't be doing deliberate damage to the car. I'd probably go with a rather loud "BACK OFF!" would have been coming out of my mouth with an over the shoulder glare & maybe a tap on the wing with my fingers.

I would, if they endangered my kids then as far as I am concerned they are fair game. :laugh::smile:! If it was just me then they would just have some abuse shouted at them.

Crankarm

Guru
CK 03 MTV least Vike is watching :smile:.

Don't agree with intentional criminal damage but if the car came so close that one lost one's balance, grabbing onto wing mirror for support to try to prevent oneself from going down, then it would really be a pity if it came off it's mounting ........

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
mr_cellophane said:
What are the family in ? It looks like a tag-along and then a tricycle trailer thing.

Helen has gone to work now but she said that it was almost like a full bike clipped to the back of the bike in front. I imagine that its a tag-along of sorts. Looks like a superb way for a family to get around especially given the weather yesterday :laugh:

It isnt shown in that video, but both Helen and the roadie bloke rode side by side to prevent the car trying it again. The car driver then decided to stay out of the bus-lane and went all the way around the roundabout ahead instead :smile: (far safer)

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I could not believe that driving. I watched the vid 3 times and each time it looked like she was deliberately aiming at the kids.
Was she some kind of bunny boiling ex of the roadie.
Or was she just a mindless moron who thought that she had the right to be in a bus lane parked on top of some cyclists.
Maybe she doesn't like kids.

dondare

Über Member
Driver's attention completely elsewhere.

AndyCarolan

Do you smell fudge?
dondare said:

I think thats the most reasonable explanation... but thats the problem with cars, people are so disconnected from their surroundings I guess

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Crankarm said:
CK 03 MTV least Vike is watching :wacko:.

Don't agree with intentional criminal damage but if the car came so close that one lost one's balance, grabbing onto wing mirror for support to try to prevent oneself from going down, then it would really be a pity if it came off it's mounting ........
... and then accidentally got scraped along the side of the car before somehow ending up wedged in the driver where the sun don't shine, whilst the seatbelt became horribly twisting (tightly) around their neck.... :biggrin: :wacko:

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
dondare said:
If it is then she should not be driving.
That roadies hooped top, white socks and legs clearly stand out.
The stay right road marking just before the Bus Lane road marking should have told her something. If you need to be in the left lane just ahead do it safely. I think the cycling family are a big enough group for her to notice and have some consideration for. If she didn't see them she needs an eye test. Soon!

I would actually be willing to bet that the driver's view of the events were that she had bloody reckless cyclists undertaking and pushing through and it's because she was so observant she just managed to avoid hitting one of the idiots.

Incorrect of course but I think the driver will delude herself quite convincingly

Top Bottom