cycling family and impaitient driver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martynjc1977

Veteran
I would use a similar road position when i start taking my son out, offers some protection from the numptys out there.
I would also show the police the vid and see if they want to take it further, long shot i know but possibly worth it.

Jezston

Über Member
Sheffield_Tiger said:
I would actually be willing to bet that the driver's view of the events were that she had bloody reckless cyclists undertaking and pushing through and it's because she was so observant she just managed to avoid hitting one of the idiots.

Incorrect of course but I think the driver will delude herself quite convincingly

Of course it's the parents fault for doing something so stupid and dangerous as taking their kids out on a major road on bicycles! If they did that round my way they'd get squished!

Sadly I think the above would probably be the general view from the public.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
All drivers are the best driver in their opinion. I know that some (including me) do admit to making mistakes, but it is usually the other idiot that caused you to make that mistake.
The driver in question here kept coming across when clearly she could have seen what she was doing and stopped or backed off. She was intent on forcing her car into the space occupied by a group of cyclists.
I say she clearly could have seen what was happening as I hope she could see what she was doing. If she was unaware of who else was using the road she should not be using it.

Jezston said:
Of course it's the parents fault for doing something so stupid and dangerous as taking their kids out on a major road on bicycles! If they did that round my way they'd get squished!

Sadly I think the above would probably be the general view from the public.
tbh I doubt the driver even cared or recognised a cyclist was there or had negative opinions towards them.

For the majority its only after something bad happens or in response to direct question that these negative attitudes come out.

Camgreen

Inconsiderate, selfish. thoughtless, incompetent, deliberate ..... you choose; one thing's for sure it was dangerous and could well have had serious consequences if Roadie Dad had made a last minute wobble in the wrong direction.

chigman

skudupnorth said:
Sharp kick on the wing would have been my reply if someone threatened my family in such a way.Just getting my two eldest ( 6 & 4 yrs) to build up confidence without stabilizers on trails but i dread the thought of being on a road with idiots like that around !

Spot on my friend, that's what I would have done as well, no doubt about it. That was a total disrespect to that family.;)

steve

Matty

Bromptonaut said:
Not convinced it was deliberate bullying but rather a frightfully dangerous example of 'behind me and gone'!!!

Seriously dangerous though.

Agree. I reckon she is just plain stupid and considered nothing of that. Certainly wasn't deliberate. Scary isn't it?

Deliberate was the knob I meet coming home tonight, he tooted me for filtering at red lights, he them squeezed past, then slowed to hold me up, then when he was joining the next queue tempted me up the nearside, then swerved right as I passed him on the offside, then tooted again. That is deliberate.

Matt

mark i

It is the age old problem. There is a population of drivers out there that consider a cyclist as being a stationary object. Once you cannot see the cyclist any more it does not exist (deliberate it! cyclists are not people). As a result anything moving at a similar pace to said motor vehicle is likely to get squeezed for space. If I see this happen and I catch the vehicle I normally have a friendly word. Shouting sets up confrontation and the driver is unlikely to learn, just be antagonised by cyclists. The majority reaction is one of surprise and an apology, sometimes you get agression, usually from people who think they own the road....

Top Bottom